Page 376 of 467 FirstFirst ... 356366371372373374375376377378379380381386396 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    We do have an advantage in that regard, for example when I was looking at iPhones when overseas, although they were about $50-$100 cheaper, they only came with 1 yr warranty whereas here its 2 years.
    That might be the "express warranty" from the Manufacturer, but our consumer law also defines that products should stay operational under normal conditions for a "reasonable time" - a ~$800-1000 phone should last a lot longer than just two years

Crash bandicoot is as punishing as I remember. Crash 3 less so. Saving the best (2) for last.

Read lots of reviews saying the jumping was broken, but I think they have forgotten that the jumping was always this way, you had to be very careful, especially in the first game. Getting into a rythm always helped!

Died 37 times on the last level on the first island, every single one my fault. I was too impatient or took too long for every one. But the game never looked better. My only problem is my brain won't make up its mind whether I use the analog stick or buttons, I switch mid level all the time!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Read lots of reviews saying the jumping was broken, but I think they have forgotten that the jumping was always this way, you had to be very careful, especially in the first game. Getting into a rythm always helped!
    lol, Crash 1 may have some real dick level design it's mechanically sound and every death no matter how annoying was my own fault.
    Unless they mean that the jumping is different than the original, it is but only in 1 because they used the crash 2/3 movement for the remake of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    lol, Crash 1 may have some real dick level design it's mechanically sound and every death no matter how annoying was my own fault.
    Unless they mean that the jumping is different than the original, it is but only in 1 because they used the crash 2/3 movement for the remake of 1.
    I remember an interview with some of the guys from Naughty Dog on Crash 1's development. The guys there were convinced the game was super easy, then SCEA's people tried to play it and got killed over and over. Turns out they had made the game so difficult that only people at Naughty Dog were able to play it and have fun with it, even then they died a hell of a lot. Once they realised their mistake they made the game much easier for the final release but it's still not an easy game.

Anyway, does anyone know of a place I can buy GTA 1 and 2 digitally? I remember Rockstar released the games for as freeware a while back but that site has been taken down and they are unavailable to purchase on Steam.

[url=http://www.myabandonware.com/game/grand-theft-auto-3w6]here[/url and here.

Thanks for reminding me, going to have to go back to these old ones again

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyway, does anyone know of a place I can buy GTA 1 and 2 digitally? I remember Rockstar released the games for as freeware a while back but that site has been taken down and they are unavailable to purchase on Steam.
    Really depends on if you want to download them for free somewhere (as prjkt mentioned you can get them there, since they were given free by Rockstar it's fine to do so) or you want paid for copies.
    If you want them on steam then you will need to find an online key sites that has steam keys for the Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack Extended, which will give you GTA 1&2 on steam

I guess those will have to do. I would prefer them in a client like Steam or GOG, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    What's the price for that looking like? I didn't want the hassle so just preordered the regular release from Play Asia, and the CD & box separately from Nintendo Store Japan. It blew my mind they were offering just that, but it's handy for me! Add in both the Amiibo and I've got myself a custom Special Edition!

Would you believe Nintendo is also selling a Splatoon 2 Switch bundle Box (which you assemble yourself and doesnt even have the inserts to hold the console) for 540Y!
    There s only a place holder price of 39.99 Euros. That's the standard price so I wouldn't be surprised if that changes when the pre-orders open.

I have so far only seen it in Amazon Spain, nowhere else.

And I now know why they have been removed from all services, they don't work on modern Windows. Well I guess that's another reason I should look into a VM with hardware support to run older versions of Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    And I now know why they have been removed from all services, they don't work on modern Windows. Well I guess that's another reason I should look into a VM with hardware support to run older versions of Windows.
    You can always emulate the environment like how DosBox does. I am pretty sure that with a bit of research and tinkering, any old Computer game can run on modern PCs.