Page 443 of 467 FirstFirst ... 423433438439440441442443444445446447448453463 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Google officially announced "Stadia" today. No release date unfortunately. I'm curious about how well it will work for me, but I'm pretty sure the lag will be much worse than anything I have locally.

Is this like twitch uplay etc?

Lucasfilm Studios looking to do more Star Wars games without EA. I'm keen to see what they come up with

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Is this like twitch uplay etc?
    So the idea is you have a super powerful console in Google's nearest datacentre. Since you can't exactly run a super long HDMI cable from their datacentre to your TV they instead turn the video of it into a YouTube stream and you play the game using the Chrome browser as if you were controlling a YouTube video.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Lucasfilm Studios looking to do more Star Wars games without EA. I'm keen to see what they come up with
    Premature celebration;

Any job postings for Lucasfilm Games is due to Disney wanting to make sure their game scene is staffed appropriately for any Lucasfilm properties.
    Disney as a whole is still focused on third-party licensed development and are still very committed in working with EA.
    https://ign.com/articles/2019/03/20/...ucasfilm-games

I can’t see Lucasarts being restarted as a fully fledged development studio without a significant amount of cash, even with Disney’s deep coffers. Much cheaper to outsource nowadays. Prior to the acquisition by Thanos Disney, Lucasarts had been outsourcing their games for a long time.

To be fair, games take a long time to make, if you're committing to doing the job properly. The current exclusivity deal runs out in 2023. They could be commencing development behind the scenes in the meantime so that they can release something shortly after the rights are released.

(Instead of doing what EA did which was getting the rights and not releasing anything for 30 months).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    (Instead of doing what EA did which was getting the rights and not releasing anything for 30 months).
    Or continuously cancelling games they are working on. We can hope that someone better will take over after the debacle of Battlefront.

I was looking forward to that Amy Henning Star Wars game. A story-heavy singleplayer Star Wars game is just what I wanted. Then EA fired almost everyone working on it because it was a single player project and they wanted multiplayer and loot boxes before finally killing the game completely.

If Lucasfilm Games makes a decent story-heavy singleplayer Star Wars game I'll be really happy, even if I have to wait another 4 years for it.

Maybe I should go play some KOTOR 1 and 2 since they are on Xbox One X backwards compatibility running in 4K.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was looking forward to that Amy Henning Star Wars game. A story-heavy singleplayer Star Wars game is just what I wanted. Then EA fired almost everyone working on it because it was a single player project and they wanted multiplayer and loot boxes before finally killing the game completely.

If Lucasfilm Games makes a decent story-heavy singleplayer Star Wars game I'll be really happy, even if I have to wait another 4 years for it.

Maybe I should go play some KOTOR 1 and 2 since they are on Xbox One X backwards compatibility running in 4K.
    I found KOTOR on tablet very playable. It's a shame KOTOR 2 hasn't been ported becasue I prefer 2 to 1.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Google officially announced "Stadia" today. No release date unfortunately. I'm curious about how well it will work for me, but I'm pretty sure the lag will be much worse than anything I have locally.
    I find it funny that Google think that their cloud box will "kill the console as we know it", have these companies learnt nothing from the dumpster fire that was OnLive?
    Unless Google is going to fix Australia's internet so that everyone has super fast stable internet there will always be a place for game consoles here at least.
    Heck even if they did I for one wouldn't get a Stadia, I'm not a fan of renting/pay per month games and buying products that are streamed only is basically the same thing in my opinion.