Page 447 of 467 FirstFirst ... 427437442443444445446447448449450451452457 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Just bought a Switch and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Currently only have Mario Kart and Odyssey as my own games, but borrowed Little Nightmares and Bomberman from a firend. The way the controllers feel, I wish it was easier to get soome classic SNES games on that sucker.

I heard that Ninty were allowing you to play some SNES/NES games if you had an online sunbscription, which brought up a little thought:

You can download and play them as long as you have a subscription, so if you cancel it you lose access. Kind of essentially renting the games, as you aren't buying them outright. Here in Japan, it's against the law to rent out games, ironically due to Nintendo pushing very due to piracy back in the 80s.

Oddly, I can't rent cart games for the switch/any other console, but Nintendo are allowing me to rent these old SNES/NES games.
    It's not a rental, it's a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It's not a rental, it's a subscription.
    The model is more of a rental model though. You are renting the online service and the games. If you stop paying for the online service, then you lose access to the games. From my quick googling:
    a subscription is usually for something tangible while renting is for the use of an object or service for a limited time. ...
    Taken from here.

Usually we associate a subscription with magazines and stuff, so in the end you end up with something. Even if you stop your subscription, you have something in hand.

Renting however does not leave you with anything. Pedantic I know, but it bothers me (only enough to post random thoughts on the web though).

Convoid is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You can get 6 Batman games for free until September 26 from the Epic Games Store.

Lego Batman Trilogy

LEGO Batman: The Videogame

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Batman Arkham Collection

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham Knight

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...man-free-games

Anyone here playing Borderlands 3? I've been playing it since I finished Control.

I completely hate the writing in BL3 (I have the game volume turned right down because I hate it so much). I was going to write the game off entirely but then I got to level 12 and my first super crazy gun dropped and then the gameplay had me hooked.

I've completed both the campaign and the TVHM campaign with Amara. Now I'm just wandering the various maps, killing enemies and looking for cool guns to upgrade to.

Anyone jumping on the Halo band wagon? Reach has been released. $50 for the package isnt too bad

Picked up Blood and Truth VR game. I love games with so much interaction. Sure you're mostly on a rail but can move around to various vantage points whilst shooting. I keep forgetting to duck behind walls to not get shot haha. I really liked the London Heist game on VR Worlds, so this game is even better.

And theirs murmurs of a new Arkham game, where you will be able to play as various members of the crime fighting family.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Anyone jumping on the Halo band wagon? Reach has been released. $50 for the package isnt too bad
    I'm a bit miffed that for the re-releases of early Xbox One games on PC they are not making them Xbox Play Anywhere. So I have to either rebuy games like Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive or make sure my Xbox Live Ultimate subscription never lapses if I don't want to lose access to the PC version.

Also, I used my free month of Origin Access Basic for the recent promotion to try the PC version of Burnout Paradise Remastered. Good thing I did that and didn't buy it because it crashes even before I get to gameplay. I really hate being treated as a second class citizen on the PC.

Do we have an OTCA Rocket League club?

Pok?mon Sword and Shield DLC... better than a third ?perfect? game! Hopefully the pricing isn?t too Australia taxy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

For anyone that wants a bunch of PC games and also wants to help animals effected by the bushfires, there is a Humble Bundle going for the next 6 days or so that is $25 USD and 100% of proceeds go to charity.

Some good games in there like Hollow Knight, Void Bastards and Euro Truck Sim 2.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/a...erelief_bundle