Page 449 of 467 FirstFirst ... 429439444445446447448449450451452453454459 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Got around to finishing the Blade of Galadriel DLC for Shadow of War(Dor). kind of enjoyed it as a freebie. Not too sure how I'd feel if I had to pay for it. Since the nemesis system and domination gameplay aspect is downplayed and the main story involves doing quests to make allies with orcs the story is over pretty quickly.

Elatriel plays differently enough to Talion to provide enough amusement. I quite like the light aspect she had, since she doesn't have the arse kickerynes of talion. However with appropriate leveling, items and skills you can still take stuff out quite effectively.

What was cool was the way you had to take out some of the castles. Instead of assaulting it with a force, there were some stealthy mission, like sabotaging bits, poisoning others and trying to assassinate another. Would have been cool to have those options available in the main game as well I think.

Some bits that did urk (geddit) me were thing like the legendary Uruks needed to be killed a particular way. They were invulnerable to almost everything except for one type of attack, so you ended up doing the same thing over and over.

Plus being beaten by a captain, meant less need for revenge to me for some reason.

Nevertheless, i still enjoyed it

Been playing some FF7 remake. The combat seems a lil hectic but sure Ill get on top of it. Im in the town now and remember none of this from the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Been playing some FF7 remake. The combat seems a lil hectic but sure Ill get on top of it. Im in the town now and remember none of this from the original game.
    There's alot of new and expanded stuff. You're right, the combat is hectic, but yea you'll get used to it over time

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Got around to finishing the Blade of Galadriel DLC for Shadow of War(Dor). kind of enjoyed it as a freebie. Not too sure how I'd feel if I had to pay for it. Since the nemesis system and domination gameplay aspect is downplayed and the main story involves doing quests to make allies with orcs the story is over pretty quickly.

Elatriel plays differently enough to Talion to provide enough amusement. I quite like the light aspect she had, since she doesn't have the arse kickerynes of talion. However with appropriate leveling, items and skills you can still take stuff out quite effectively.

What was cool was the way you had to take out some of the castles. Instead of assaulting it with a force, there were some stealthy mission, like sabotaging bits, poisoning others and trying to assassinate another. Would have been cool to have those options available in the main game as well I think.

Some bits that did urk (geddit) me were thing like the legendary Uruks needed to be killed a particular way. They were invulnerable to almost everything except for one type of attack, so you ended up doing the same thing over and over.

Plus being beaten by a captain, meant less need for revenge to me for some reason.

Nevertheless, i still enjoyed it
    I really really want to like the Shadows series. I own both of them, but I just bounce off them every time I try to get into them. I feel like there are too many systems and mechanics bouncing off eachother that I very quickly feel like I have no idea what is going on or what I should be doing.

It doesn't help that the last time I tried to dive in I'd just finished watching the extended LOTR trilogy and then immediately got the flu and spent days having fever dreams about orcs. I never want to see an orc ever again.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I really really want to like the Shadows series. I own both of them, but I just bounce off them every time I try to get into them. I feel like there are too many systems and mechanics bouncing off eachother that I very quickly feel like I have no idea what is going on or what I should be doing.

It doesn't help that the last time I tried to dive in I'd just finished watching the extended LOTR trilogy and then immediately got the flu and spent days having fever dreams about orcs. I never want to see an orc ever again.
    ha ha ha! I found it interesting in that after playing Shadow of War, I went back to read LOTR and found it much better the second time. The first time I read it was after the last I saw the last movie in the cinema. I wonder if i enjoyed it more because I am older, or because of the Mordor games.

I always find they take some time to get going and its best to plow through a reasonable bit of story mode before experimenting with the rest. When I started 2, I spent a long time trying to level up to unlock the dominate skill again, but realised I had t progress the story. lol. I've found most of my amusement from the random orcs, either hunting down a cool looking guy, or someone with a funny personality.
    I saw a video of a dude doing the online fortress attacks and he came across a fortress full of Zombie orcs. So that inspired me to try and find a bunch of "unique" orcs and have them all in the one fortress. Luckily the one I am aiming for seems to rock up often enough. I've come across 5 so far (but killed two).
    I did about 120 hours on Mordor and so far have cracked 135 on War(dor).... Value for money there!

Stuck on ff7 at the train tunnel security check with flames and rocekts.

I noticed death stranding trophies and chapter one 98% finish rate but only 35% finish later chapters.

Does anyone on here do any of the iRacing series or get involved in casual racing using iRacing sim? I have been watching the 2 rounds of the V8 series and have been astounded by the graphics etc. Does it take a lot of money to get into or is it something pretty easily accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffinetron View Post
    Does it take a lot of money to get into or is it something pretty easily accessible?
    Depends what hardware you are starting from and what hardware you level you want to reach. This is probably a better question for the PC hardware thread.

Thanks DELTAprime, i'll put it over there.

Uncharted collection and Journey for free from PSN at the moment. I'm quite looking forward to replaying uncharted 2/3, I tried 1 but got annoyed with the balancing bits on it where you had to use motion controls and the grenade throwing controls were especially irritating. Hopefully, those have been taken off.

Journey I bought on disc for my PS3 and thought it was a great game. Although I did finish it on my second go, but that is mainly because I came across another player. It was a magical moment. I spent a lot of time thinking, is that an AI or another person?

It was a strangely interesting experience playing through it and a lot of fun communicating with my unknown partner. I do wonder if that will still work for those who don't pay the the old PS+ and dont normally get multiplayer on PS4. Like me.