Page 450 of 467 FirstFirst ... 430440445446447448449450451452453454455460 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Uncharted collection and Journey for free from PSN at the moment.
    This would be cool if I didn't own them already.

Honestly, I've given up on PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold. I don't use the multiplayer on those services as I'd rather play on PC and the free games from both companies are really stale at this point, plus I own half of them. I've let my PS Plus lapse and when my Xbox Live Ultimate lapses I'll change over to PC Game Pass.

It was a strangely interesting experience playing through it and a lot of fun communicating with my unknown partner. I do wonder if that will still work for those who don't pay the the old PS+ and dont normally get multiplayer on PS4. Like me.
    Other players can pop into your game in Journey even if you don't have PS+ PS4 (I think they justified it as it is such a passive multiplayer mode, and not like your typical competitive matches).

I played all four games on the PS3 and I probably wouldn't play them again but claimed it anyway .
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Most games you can buy on pc as well as console. So why pay for a subscription service on console when you can play on pc for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Most games you can buy on pc as well as console. So why pay for a subscription service on console when you can play on pc for free?
    Mainly because I don't think My laptop could handle them. Also I prefer gaming on the couch as I seem to spend a lot of time staring at computer monitors as it is.
    Finally some games just feel better on a console to me than pc.

There's a whole myriad of reasons why use one format over another.

Been plonking away at uncharted one and I am enjoying it a lot. Although it does show its birth date somewhat. Having played the other 3 before playing this one its interesting to notice how the series has evolved.
    For example, the shooting arenas are SUPER obvious in this one. Even to the point where the "Natural" environmental walls stand out somewhat. Some of the set pieces feel a little lacking, I'm sure back in 2007 (wow, 13 years ago...) the jet skiing up the rapids and on the lack with a grenade launcher was an awesome moment. After playing the others, it was OK, but could have been fleshed out a bit better.

It has made me wonder though, Nathan spends a lot of time figuring things out to be in areas first right? Like working through some stupid puzzle to get into some hidden area. Yet after walking in there for maybe five minutes having a look around... Somehow the bad guys have managed to make their way in as well. The place has been hidden for hundreds of years and the same time Drake sneakily finds the secret entrance using his bwain, the bad guys find the back door somewhere, without Drake's input.

in between Draking, I've been Shadow Warring (and Bloodstaining) too and have discovered the L3 button on my controller is busted. This goes along with the (apparently not so rare) occurrence of the L2 button causing the up input on the L stick as well. I'm gonna see if I can crack it open for a clean (hope this is the problem) or will I have to buy a new controller? Dun dun duuuuuuun!

Not that anyone cares, but my PS4 controller dieded.

So I got a new one, which I had to go online for. All the shops in my area were out, and one store's online site couldn't supply. I wonder if its because of coronavirus, or as Kurdt has suggested, end of the era?

It's currently sitting in my little quarantine section until opening time... I've been amusing myself playing my good old Sega Saturn and A link Between worlds on 3ds. Both of which I have been enjoying enormously.

Not that anyone cares, but my PS4 controller dieded.

So I got a new one, which I had to go online for. All the shops in my area were out, and one store's online site couldn't supply. I wonder if its because of coronavirus, or as Kurdt has suggested, end of the era?

It's currently sitting in my little quarantine section until opening time... I've been amusing myself playing my good old Sega Saturn and A link Between worlds on 3ds. Both of which I have been enjoying enormously.
    There is a shortage of gaming stuff in general. People in lockdown need to keep themselves amused somehow. And boy, don't get me started on the shortage of streaming and podcasting equipment.

Finished death stranding and ff7. Now to sell them.

I finished Legend of Zelda, A link between worlds.

And what a damn good game it was! I had trouble putting it down and would easily suspect that if I had no other distractions, I could happily spend a day or three playing it until I finished it. Great music, great dungeons, interesting skills gimmick, nice ability to decide which dungeon you want to tackle and when.
    Also very good use of the 3d. Probably the best I've seen as it's nice a crisp and it actually helps in some puzzles (like falling between levels and trying to land on moving platforms and stuff).
    Plot was kind of predictable, but that could also be down to me having played a LOT of Zelda and beginning to get the idea. Also being an intelligent person with a brain that works.
    Also has a nice satisfying ending too.

Some of the gadgets you pick up I felt were a bit underused. The sand rod had minimal use outside of its main area and finding all the maimai and the resultant powering up of certain items led me to an easier game than I expected. Also I was a tad disappointed with the mount of chests I would go out of my way to find in the dungeon only to find that it just housed 100 ruppees. I had ruppees every where in this game. The main reason I ended up buying all items. Then I still ended up getting lots of ruppees.

Considering how minor my main complaints are there, I guess it's a jolly good game.
    highly recommended

The etching on this limited edition PS4 looks great.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/p...art-ii-console

I really enjoyed The Last of Us, and am looking forward to the second game...

...but geez it looks really dank. I hope it isn?t all doom and gloom.