Page 452 of 467 FirstFirst ... 432442447448449450451452453454455456457462 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I became a fan of Star Wars as a teenager because of playing TIE Fighter, so this game's trailer really appeals to me.

I get the sense it's mostly a multiplayer co-op game though (and I'm personally not a fan of that) but it does apparently have some solo game play.

It'll be like Battlefront 2 - a short, probably underwhelming single player campaign, with longevity coming from the multiplayer aspect. It's cheaper because it is using re-using assets from BF2, so all the groundwork has been done. It looks like the expansion to the Starfighter Assault game mode that players were asking for, but never got.

Having clocked some 535 hours on Battlefront 2, as well as being a huge fan of the X-wing / Tie Fighter series back in the day, I'm looking forward to this. It's been way too long since we got a good Star Wars starfighter sim, without having to delve into modding X-wing Alliance. I'm a little surprised EA bothered to throw money into this little endeavour, but I'm willing to support it.

I want a Star Wars flight sim VR, I'd pay money for that. I re-bought Battlefront because it had a VR mission. Was alot if fun. A full fledged game would be the go. But a new normal one would be good too. The old ones are still the best.

But also the old Battlefront 2 was alot of fun for the flight aspect too. Spent many an hour my brother and I playing that game together.

My son and I are on a Lovecraft kick at the moment ... finished Call of Cthulhu and are about 1/3 through Sinking City
    I much prefer Sinking City - it’s a third person POV, which I prefer, and has more side quests
    I’ve started calling it GTC: Grand Theft Cthulhu, solely based on what little I’ve seen of GTA (the game play looks similar to me)
    My son and I take it in turns to play. The sessions usually devolve into us yelling at each other for stuff we’ve missed or dying

How did I miss this? Star Wars Squadron, a full fledged flight sim. With VR. And able to play across platforms multiplayer. After playing the VR mission on Battlefront, I am keen. Single player campaign and multiplayer.

https://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/...ooks-brilliant

And a new Oddworld game too. How did I miss that one.

Crash bandicoot 4 for current gen systems...

Guess the remaster made them realise there is a market for normal crash games, it was only when they started doing weird genre and open world games that crash sales plummeted.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Crash bandicoot 4 for current gen systems...

Guess the remaster made them realise there is a market for normal crash games, it was only when they started doing weird genre and open world games that crash sales plummeted.
    Saw that. Hopefully, it will be good. The developer Toys For Bob is generally decent.

A couple of indies I picked up recently on Steam

Hardspace Shipbreaker (early access): A game in which you're tasked with disassembling increasingly large spaceships for salvage, while in zero G. As the ships become more complex you've got to jump through more loops to make them safe before you start pulling them apart, like venting atmosphere and flushing fuel.

I've found it tremendously addictive, oddly soothing, and quite fun. The only criticisms I can levy are likely trappings of Early Access - you can't rebind controls yet, and there aren't sufficient tutorials for a lot of the more complex stuff so you've got to muddle your way through it.

Also, when you mess up and violently decompress a ship or detonate a fuel tank - wow. The ship ripping itself apart is all modeled in real time with full physics. Spectacular.

House of the Dying Sun: This is about four years old now, but I'd heard it was short so waited for a sale to grab it for $11 on Steam. A really fun singleplayer space dogfighting game with RTS-lite fleet control. The way it's presented is influenced strongly by Battlestar Galactica - muted sound, semi-Newtonian physics, war drum score. It's a fun ride if you're into these kind of games. You do each mission on the clock as after a set time a massive capital ship jumps in so you have to scarper.

The main issue is that it's short. Given that it was the work of one man as a side project, I can't complain. I am taking my time finishing it because I know it only has 14 missions, each of which takes about 3-5 minutes to complete. There are 4 increasingly difficult variations on each mission (adding new enemies and bonus objectives), but I know that I'm burning a not particularly long wick.

Don't let that dissuade you, if it sounds like you kind of thing. I'd recommend waiting for a sale but that's not really an indictment of the game itself. It's a fun ride. It makes me wish for a full game with similar mechanics.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Currently playing 10 hour ish marathons of Last of Us 2 on twitch.

Its very violent. Heads get blown off from shot guns in game etc and cut scenes that are bashing heads in with golf clubs, crowbars etc. Some of it is off screen. Im up to seattle day 3. If you enjoyed the first one and dont mind the violence then it is recommended.