Page 45 of 467 FirstFirst ... 253540414243444546474849505565 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

bloody Steel Pokemon gym is raping me! back to grinding I guess!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Steel? All you need is fire. IIRC the hardest one is the 2nd one, the steelix. Just melt that mutha. I also don't like the steel element, seems strong against nothing. Steel claw is the most useless move ever, hardly any damage, and magnet bomb, it's shit. Sorry for the rant, I just find steel to be the most useless element. It can take damage, that's it. Wanna attack with it, forget it. I came across this steel "problem" back in platinum, and it's still crap.

I finally caught raikou and entri and got the 8th badge. If anyone wants to know how, (catch the legendaries), let me know. 8th badge was a walk in the park. Gyarados with that one particular move......

Currently leveling up to beat the kimono girls. Jolteon got me as I had no ground types with me. Otherwise I think the hardest one was the first one, the dark one.

What's everyone else hm slaving? I'm using krabby and whooper. I hope krabby can use rock climb when it becomes available, or does it have to be the evolved crab? If it can use it that is.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I got Feraligtr and fire pokemon are quite rare it seems, still managed to win using Exeggcute on the Magnamites and Slowpoke with Surf on Steelix, not easy!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh yea, I've only found two fire pokemon so far the entire game, the one I started with, and entri. Oh, wait, I did find vulpix, I think it's sort of a fire one.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    Finished Uncharted 2 (on normal) at 2.30am last night
    What's your verdict?

On a similar but unrelated note I finished GoW3 last night. It's well worth playing through to the end.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    What's everyone else hm slaving? I'm using krabby and whooper. I hope krabby can use rock climb when it becomes available, or does it have to be the evolved crab? If it can use it that is.
    Neither Krabby nor Kingler can learn Rock Climb.

Krabby and Hoothoot got me through Johto. Hoothoot for Fly, Krabby for Surf, Strength, Cut and Rock Smash. I taught a Tentacool Surf as well once I did Whirl Islands so I could also fit in Whirlpool and Waterfall for later on.

Now I'm in Kanto I've brought over my Staraptor from Diamond because he has Fly but I also use him to fight, and I have Machop with Rock Climb along with Smash and Strength. I just switch it up with Krabby when need be.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    On a similar but unrelated note I finished GoW3 last night. It's well worth playing through to the end.
    I am borrowing Kyles 1 &2 GOW on PS3. Just finished Chains of Olympus the other day too, now I can carry on!

Saw on the PSN Gunstar Heroes for $4.95 in the special deal section. Although I have it emulated on wii, the online multiplayer option was too hard to resist, PLUS its Gunstar heroes, the one of the greatest shmups in the world. Next to SillhouetteMirage. ALso by Treasure. In other words, Treasure rooolz

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What's your verdict?
    My verdict? Well worth playing (wished it was longer!). Lazarevic was too easy to kill (did it without losing much health, nor did I cheat)

Btw, has anyone updated their PS3 firmware to 3.21? What are your thoughts?

EDIT: For those that don't know what entails 3.21 release and as Kyle mentioned, Sony has removed the ability for old PS3 owners (ie. fat PS3, not slim PS3) to install Linux (or Other OS) on another partition.

I thought, this must be a April Fools joke (it was released on the 1st April).

No doubt they will be heaps of old PS3 owners kicking a stint for disabling a unique feature.

For me, I hadn't done the firmware upgrade just yet until they put out another firmware as a .01 release isn't going to stop me from playing games offline.
    Last edited by Saintly; 6th April 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    Btw, has anyone updated their PS3 firmware to 3.21? What are your thoughts?
    My console is the old version with the ability to install an alternate operating system such as Linux. I thought it was annoying that Sony is forcing old users to remove a feature that was included with the purchase of their console. Sony did offer the option to back out of this update, but then all the network functions will no longer work! So either way, whatever you do, you have feature/functions removed from you. I hope they won't ask me to remove my PS2 backward compatibility next.

I did go ahead with the update though, as I won't ever need to install an alternate operating system. I actually had no idea what actual new features this update brought to my console...