Page 466 of 467 FirstFirst ... 446456461462463464465466467 LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    GT7 is pretty much unplayable without internet. Only the music rally mode is playable without internet.
    Wut!!!? Why would you make a game like that!

Because Sony are pushing microtransactions in GT7. Want to buy a super rare car in the game? That will be $100 in real-world money or many hours of grinding.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I know Digimon barely qualifies as "gaming" but... any fellow fans here? I'm really loving the wave 2 of the X devices.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

So apparently Sonic 06, considered many to be one of the worst games ever released, got relisted on the Xbox 360 store for $5!
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    So apparently Sonic 06, considered many to be one of the worst games ever released, got relisted on the Xbox 360 store for $5!
    As a mad Sonic fan I often start playing this game, and then soon turn it off as I'm reminded about how bad it is.

As for good Sonic games, I finished Frontiers last night. It was rather fun, although there are some very odd things in it which kinda baffled me somewhat, well baffled me in that "Why is this section here?" kind of way.

Spoilers ahead:

Namely some of the whacky minigames that seem to crop up. There is a "computer hacking" section where you play a shmup, and that is needed for practice against the final boss. If you play hard mode, the very last boss is a SHMUP fight. Why? Sonic isn't renowned for SHMUPping. Thats one thing that was floating through my head as I pushed through a somewhat long and really, not very exciting SHMUP encounter. With a small moon as the enemy. It was wierd. Meanwhile the fight before that with a big evangalion-esque robot was cool and epic, this shmup was just kinda.... there.

Frontiers does this on a couple of occasions. The first Island has you do some arrange the lines on a maps kind of thing, and personally I found it irritating and slow. I ended up looking up a solution online as after 40 minutes of messing about with it, I couldn't get the thing to work. There was no reset without reloading the game, which made things extra difficult.

A random crane game on the second island. This wasn't so bad, but the perspective made things a bit more tedious than it should have been.

the third Island was the worst though. A pinball game, sure, Sonic has a history of pinball games so seeing one isn't that much of a surprise, but yeesh the execution was terrible. The timing was off, it's the last obstacle to the chaos emerald hunt, and therefore the only thing stopping you from finding the bag bad (who was introduced rather cooly earlier in the game) and the music is ramping up, building the hype, Sonic is looking tired and worn down and you think, is he gonna be ok? Then BAM! Pinball game. Long, drawn out pinball game. You have to get a certain score to pass and that's the aim. The score seems excessively high, which I would be fine with, IF the board wasn't so damn boring. Like seriously, it's only one small screen and nothing changes as you play. And you're forced to play for a long time. The key is to collect the red rings, which increase your score collection of stuff, but if you lose a ball, it resets to zero.
    I just wanted to get through it to the next Island and I had to slog through this boring pinball game. It was worse than the pinball from Sonic Adventure (which I enjoyed as there were multiple tables and other stuff to find). Somehow I managed to get through it, not sure how. And the boss fight started, which was cool.

Boss fights are very cool, if a little easy. Except for the final SHMUP level which took me a while.
    I think the biggest issue with the game is that it really doesn't explain anything very well at all. I didn't know that I had to get that score in the pinball to pass. I didn't know that you were immune to white bullets while shooting white bullets, I didn't know sonic had his lightspeed dash from the start, which was odd as there were many areas that looked like the were designed for the lightspeed dash at the start of the game, I only found out through the "training" loading screen which randomly shows you how to do certain combos and stuff.

I will admit, Sonic in a Sandbox game is tricky to do, I think they did a pretty good job. If you go around the sandbox doing the little map unlocking tasks, it efficiently leads you around the Island. It is also a nice break form the intense boost levels, which really got me going for time trial things. Yes, there is obvious popin and I thought it odd that they didn't try to cover it some how. Like they could've easily had some glitch type effect happen whenever anything loaded in and it would've looked fine. But It doesn't affect the gameplay that much. There's big and small robots everywhere to fight and you can generally ignore them if you can't be bothered fighting them. Some of them could do with some refinement in how they play though. The now meme-worthy Squid boss guy can be annoying in that it shoots and the shots will be hidden behind a curve/hill which sucks, but generally the game is OK.

I enjoyed it and while it's not perfect, it is a lot better than many opther Sonic games before it. Especially Sonic 06 (not hard).

It's a solid 7/10

God of War Ragnarok. Great story to play through. Nothing new in gameplay. If you enjoyed the first one then you'll like this to wrap up the story

I've finally finished all modes of Dead Space 3 - Standard (all difficulty levels), Classic, Pure Survival and Hardcore (which, after Pure Survival, was much easier)

Back to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

Drop me a line if anyone wants to do a Dead Space 3 co-op mission on the PS3. ID reefadele
    Last edited by snaketales; 31st March 2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added PS ID

Playing through Hogwash Legacy. Great game with some bugs. The world is great with moving pictures, students doing things in Hogwarts etc... Overall would recommend if fan of the wizarding world.

Many games Im looking forward to including AC Mirage

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

New Mortal Kombat game has been officially announced. It's called Mortal Kombat 1. Here's the trailer (nsfw:gore) - https://youtu.be/B9Jmkoc6nm8

Here's what the Kollector's Edition comes with : https://press-start.com.au/news/play...s-edition/amp/

I'm absolutely psyched for this. Skarlet better have made the roster.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I don't think they have announced what's in the KE yet.

The next 12 months or so are going to be massive for fighting games. SF6 is in June (I've preordered that). MK1 will be September (I'll preorder soon). Then sometime next year we are getting Tekken 8.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.