Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone know how to fix the black swirl of death for Dreamcast?
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Big questions this week... Black or White? Fire pig or Grass snake or Sea otter?

And do I buy Black and White when I've still not cleared the Johto area in HeartGold??
    I'm getting Black because there is Black City with extra trainers, where as White has White Forest that has extra Pokemon to capture.
    It really depends on what you want. More trainers or more available pokemon to capture.

Finish HeartGold and then buy and start Black/White. They might sell out for this month, but you can still get Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver at pretty much any store. They are stocked up, and Diamond and Pearl were released years ago.
    I would guess Black and White will end up the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I can't beat the Dragon-trainer gym leader and I lost interest in the hours it would take for me to level up my strongest Pokemon to be powerful enough to win that badge. Gold/Silver doesn't have any good level up areas like Diamond/Pearl did (with the helper characters who'd heal your pokemon after each battle in certain areas) so I find it boring and a waste of time fighting a few battles then having to go to get healed, repeat x 50 to level up maybe 3 times
    Just keep having a crack at the Elite 4. If you don't beat them the first time, then you still get the experience points from them and can try again.

Also, don't be afraid to use hyper potions, revives and full heals.
    I bought 50 of each the first time I went through and came out of them with about 3 of them.
    The Elite 4 will abuse full restores and so should you.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I'm getting Black because there is Black City with extra trainers, where as White has White Forest that has extra Pokemon to capture.
    It really depends on what you want. More trainers or more available pokemon to capture.
    Given my level up issues in HeartGold I think Black will be the way to go. JB HiFi have "a trade in two DS games and get Black or White free" deal so I was going to do that, but I probably wont play it in a while.

I'd like to Finish HeartGold first, but I'm currently in Zelda land, replaying Phantom Hourglass at the moment and I recently purchased Spirit Tracks which I want to play next.

Bought the Skylanders game for the Wii, and by god it is addictive and fun. We bought all the figures that have been released so far. Expensive lol. And it came out last Thursday.

I'm intrigued, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I'm intrigued, what is it?
    This video shows alot of gameplay

And this one is quite funny

That's kinda cool

Finished infamous over the weekend, very good game, certainly worth the free download thanks to PS Network geting hacked all those months ago, and if you like sandbox style games, worth the platinum price point to purchase. I'll nab infamous 2 some time, I am sure of it.

Now to try and finish DeBlob 2 and DBZ Raging Blast II before the crazy game season comes into full swing and disrupts all my plans!

And NBA Jam on Fire is all kinds of Awesomesauce, takes everything great about the first game and improves on it tenfold. Blocking is harder (but not hard), but stealing, general shooting, passing and alley-ing are all much better, graphics are crisper and the variety in gameplay and unlockables are top notch. Only misisng his royal airness to be the best basketball game ever released. Was only $20 and you dont need the original game to play. Freakin' steal!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Bought Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes yesterday, and I gotta say it is so damn addictive. I stayed up til 4am with the wife playing it. So about 10 hours play

The co-op feature is great, and flying around free roam through Gotham and Metrolpolis as Superman, while a pain to fly at times, is alot of fun. Alot of fun, and recommended you buy it.

Also looking forward to getting LOTR lego game when it is out

Just pre-ordered Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition from EB Games. $68 and you get a Dark Souls mouse and mousepad too! Noooiiiice.