Page 9 of 467 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I saw 'syncing' issue and thought of the trophies one, didn't realise the controller issues I've been having were a common problem since the last update. I figured out myself to hook it in with the cable, but last night had a lot of issues still and had to restart my PS3 at least four times before the controllers would work wirelessly.

hmmm i have not had this syncing issue yet hopefully i dont, my ps3 is too far away from my bed to play with a cable

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Speaking of ghostbusters, just finished it.

The only real gripes I have is that a few times I felt at a dead end, so I just tried lots of different things until something happened. But I guess that's not all that bad.

The only technical problem I found was that in the cemetary level, Ray got "stuck" at the area with the belltower, so when I continued on, he was still talking, but just not there. It fixed itself in the final level of course.

All in all, totally worth the $10. This is actually the first game I felt like finishing since fallout3. No pointless grinding getting in the way. *cough* borderlands.
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 6th December 2009 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    You must have already had 4.2E update. Some people with the HB channel have had success updating their Wii's to this version (which NSMW Wii requires you install) without losing the HB channel but it seems a bit hit and miss. I'd give it a go myself but if there is even a sliver of a chance of it delaying my ability to play a new Silent Hill game there is NO WAY I'd do it.
    I have the 4.2E update and still have the HB Channle working. I managed to do my friends as well, which is a later model than mine. If you update, then you will usually have to re-install the HB channel etc.

I got NSMBWii and it is good fun. My Mario skills suck somewhat though and have hit reouble on the deset level (thats world two folks) Yep, I suck that bad. BUt it is fun and even managed to get the missus playing it. Its cool multiplayer as I could pick her character up and carry her through any tricky platformy areas. Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    With my personal experience with "Ghostbusters" , you think that's bad wait till the "Cemetery Level" and I don't know if i would of finished the game without the Six Axis Function when dealing with the Stone Angels.

Tip: Don't forget you can dodge by pressing "ether" Circle or Square (can't remember which one) on the PS3
    The bit that I kept getting smashed was the level when you are chasing the stay puft through the streets. It got so annoying that it ruined the fun, so I went to an easier mode. No good playig games if they aint fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream212 View Post
    hmmm i have not had this syncing issue yet hopefully i dont, my ps3 is too far away from my bed to play with a cable
    I believe the syncing isssue only affects slims so if you have an original one, you should be ok. Sony know about it coz I rang their "help line" and had a big whinge about it

Whee, Just finished upgrading my PS3 to a lovely 500 gb harddrive! Huzzah!
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 7th December 2009 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Its cool multiplayer as I could pick her character up and carry her through any tricky platformy areas. Very cool.
    Open some of the videos in Peach's castle with some Star Coins, specifically the 'Super Skills' ones. I think the one I watched was World 1-3, whatever the first level with Yoshi is. Video playthrough with all four characters, three on Yoshi tossing Luigi back and forth through the whole thing. Absolutely nuts.

My brother got me something for my birthday that I thought was ridiculously cool
    Its a wiimote charger, but man is it awesome

You just put in some special batteries and place it on the panel. It has magnets to hold the wiimote in place (well, align it) and it will recharge it for you. You don't have to take the cover off or anything

Its like we hit the future
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yea, it's called induction charging.

Just take note though, lots of people find that those batteries don't power the unit for very long and it takes a long time to charge. But at least you can leave the covers on.

Actually, your unit there looks very different to the "cradle" model. It might be a new revision.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Actually, your unit there looks very different to the "cradle" model. It might be a new revision.
    It is. Recent release.
    But god it looks sci-fi coz you just place it on the panel
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I was doing some roaming around and it looks bad for Aliens Vs Predator gae that was due out in February next year.

First I was excited by watching how cool it was, then saddened by the lame ass ratings we have in Australia which insist games ae played by people under 18years old. Despite the fact that I know for a fact that I play games and am much older than 18 (physically )

Official linky (from Sega Uk website as the Aussie one doesn't work)

And Report from Gamespot about the rating dilemna.

Looks like an import jobby to me.

Damn you Atkinson If you think the Wii is so great, why don't you go about banning all other game systems.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I got NSMBWii and it is good fun. My Mario skills suck somewhat though and have hit reouble on the deset level (thats world two folks) Yep, I suck that bad. BUt it is fun and even managed to get the missus playing it. Its cool multiplayer as I could pick her character up and carry her through any tricky platformy areas. Very cool.
    I just finished it with all the star coins - it must be the first game i've completely finished in a LONG time - says alot about it's quality IMO!
    You old-skool SegaSonic fanboys just don't have the dexterity for Mario!