Page 305 of 467 FirstFirst ... 285295300301302303304305306307308309310315325 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    'Pillars of Eternity' - Why does that sound so familiar. Was that the name of the original Wolfenstein 3D expansion?
    no it was the obsidian kickstarter rpg. good game, but man this last boss battle is ridiculous. i think you need a really well optimised party for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    One that I'll say, _every_ single razor product I've ever bought. I've had to return from it breaking or being faulty. I've not had a single item from them yet that has done me any good. I don't know if it's just been bad luck, or if they truly makes terrible crap. Same goes for ATI/AMD graphics cards. When I was doing graphics programming, I went through about 10 video cards in 2 years. I was using multiple machines and blew up every single ATI card I was using, to this day I've still yet to kill any Nvidia card, no matter how hard I thrash it. But not a single ATI card from the past 10 - 15 years in my life is working now So one might say from experience I absolutely hate Razor and ATI
    my mouse is a razer death adder i think, i've had it for about 4 to 5 years i think so far, love it

'Spear of Desitiny' is the Wolf3D expansion, I remember now

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    One that I'll say, _every_ single razor product I've ever bought. I've had to return from it breaking or being faulty. I've not had a single item from them yet that has done me any good. I don't know if it's just been bad luck, or if they truly makes terrible crap. Same goes for ATI/AMD graphics cards. When I was doing graphics programming, I went through about 10 video cards in 2 years. I was using multiple machines and blew up every single ATI card I was using, to this day I've still yet to kill any Nvidia card, no matter how hard I thrash it. But not a single ATI card from the past 10 - 15 years in my life is working now So one might say from experience I absolutely hate Razor and ATI
    I have been using Razor mice on and off for years, I actually just got a new one last week. I either ware them out after years of use, or buy a new mouse just because I want a new one because I've had the old mouse for so long.

As for ATI/AMD. The days when they could build a card that was both cheaper than Nvidia's and performed as well or better are behind them but I've always found them reliable. I've never had a video card "blow up". Cheap crappy PSU's yes, but silicon, no. I actually had a run of bad luck with Nvidia cards over the years causing random crashes and BSOD's. It really was random luck as to if you would get a good or bad card. These days both Nvidia and AMD's partners make good cards, especially if buy from someone like Asus, EVGA or Gigabyte. The only issue with AMD cards are driver support, top end performance and performance per watt.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Playing Street Fighter V on PC tonight, or at least trying to. Why I need to log into servers for single player is beyond me.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Has anyone played Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC with the minimum specs? I'm running a GeForce GTX 660 and it's done me well for everything so far (the minimum is a GTX 650.) But I know the new Tomb Raider is pretty intensive, and Steam is recommending a GTX 980 or something.

Don't really want to upgrade the card if I can avoid it (even then I could probably only afford one of the mid range ones) but I really enjoyed the last Tomb Raider and I don't really want to play the new one on sub-par settings for fear it might ruin it .

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Has anyone played Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC with the minimum specs? I'm running a GeForce GTX 660 and it's done me well for everything so far (the minimum is a GTX 650.) But I know the new Tomb Raider is pretty intensive, and Steam is recommending a GTX 980 or something.

Don't really want to upgrade the card if I can avoid it (even then I could probably only afford one of the mid range ones) but I really enjoyed the last Tomb Raider and I don't really want to play the new one on sub-par settings for fear it might ruin it .
    I've only played it on Xbox One but I have been keeping up with what's going on with the PC version. If you turn up the graphics settings it really pushes your hardware's limits. Kotaku has a bunch of benchmarks, keep in mind that they only tested on high and very high, if you turn down your settings the 23 fps they got on your card will be higher for you. The game looks great on Xbox One, which is a low end PC, so don't be too worried about how it will look if you turn everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've only played it on Xbox One but I have been keeping up with what's going on with the PC version. If you turn up the graphics settings it really pushes your hardware's limits. Kotaku has a bunch of benchmarks, keep in mind that they only tested on high and very high, if you turn down your settings the 23 fps they got on your card will be higher for you. The game looks great on Xbox One, which is a low end PC, so don't be too worried about how it will look if you turn everything down.
    Cool, thanks for the link.

For those of you with current gen Nintendo gear. Nintendo is now taking registrations for their replacement for Nintendo Network ID's, the Nintendo Account. So if you want to go sign up at https://accounts.nintendo.com/ and remember to sign up using your NNID so you don't loose access to your current purchases, etc.

I've had my Razer mouse for 6 years at least, still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    For those of you with current gen Nintendo gear. Nintendo is now taking registrations for their replacement for Nintendo Network ID's, the Nintendo Account. So if you want to go sign up at https://accounts.nintendo.com/ and remember to sign up using your NNID so you don't loose access to your current purchases, etc.
    About time they did away with the console locked purchases and moved toward an account based system.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.