Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
You can generate a virtual PS1 card on your PS3 and play Ps1 games of the same region on that.

I wonder where they did this "survey." Many people have complained about the lack of PS2 iness on the PS3. I remember Sony heavily pushing the ability of the PS3 to hand 1/2 games before they released (during the pre-order times) and then right before it was due for the release when I enquired I was informed its no longer there. Lame-asses.
Cheers for the advice, but that's what I meant when I mentioned I wouldn't need to buy a card. Three steps ahead of you, Tets. I always wondered why there was the 'PS1/2 Memory Card' option on the XMB despite having no way to hook an actual card in, figured it out once I put in the MGS disc for the first time.

It's funny you ask about that 'survey' too, because I swear everytime the Sony rep has come into work ever since the PS3 came out she always spouts that same manufactured line - 'no support, survey said, customers didn't wan't'. What a load of bollocks. I have never had a single customer buy a PS3 off me without asking can it still play their old games. Hell, even people who aren't buying or those simply asking what a PS3 is ask if there's backwards compatability. Like to see Sony do a survey of what the retailers think.