Page 456 of 467 FirstFirst ... 436446451452453454455456457458459460461466 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I’ll probably pick one up next year. Hopefully I’ll be able to hold out until around Christmas. I actually thought $750 was a decent price considering at one stage Sony were saying to prepare for it costing over $1K
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I’ll probably pick one up next year. Hopefully I’ll be able to hold out until around Christmas. I actually thought $750 was a decent price considering at one stage Sony were saying to prepare for it costing over $1K
    1. Market strategy
    2. Xbox competition

Ill wait till a sale or bundle comes along.

It seems both companies are going to be losing money on every console sold, unlike the current gen where they made money on every console sold. Going back to the old model of subsidised hardware.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It seems both companies are going to be losing money on every console sold, unlike the current gen where they made money on every console sold. Going back to the old model of subsidised hardware.
    I didn't realise that they'd switched over, but then I don't follow these things super closely.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I didn't realise that they'd switched over, but then I don't follow these things super closely.
    There are some people in the finance area of the games industry that say most consoles are actually sold at a profit or break even despite the common perception that they lose money on every system sold. For the PS4 and Xbox One, they definitely made money on every console sold. They actually had pretty old for 2013 technology in them.

Nintendo has almost always made a profit. The first time they ever sold a console at a loss was the 3DS when they had to drop the price by (I think) $100 a couple of months after launch because it wasn't selling.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I hope nobody here was looking forward to playing the next Elders Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein or Fallout on the PS5. Becaues just 9 hours before the Xbox Series consoles are to go on sale Microsoft announced it has acquired ZeniMax which owns Bethesda, Id, Arkane and other devs. Death Loop and Ghost Wire Tokyo are still PS5 exclusives for the moment, so Microsoft are going to be making at least two PS5 exclusive games.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/09/xb...zenimax-media/

They cant compete against sony, reminds you of Mixer.

I dunno, Bethesda is a pretty big get.

That said, I wish exclusivity would just die already. It's incredibly anti-consumer.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I imagine it'll be timed exclusive, if at all. It seems like it's mostly about GamePass.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-article.../1100-6482411/

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I dunno, Bethesda is a pretty big get.

That said, I wish exclusivity would just die already. It's incredibly anti-consumer.
    Hell, yeah. I'm only buying the PS5 because I can't play most of those games on PC. I applaud Microsoft for putting games like Ori and Cuphead on other platforms, but we need more of that.