Page 454 of 467 FirstFirst ... 434444449450451452453454455456457458459464 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Another indie gem

Satisfactory (early access) ($45.00)

A game about automation.

Build a factory to mine, refine and then combine various components to feed a Space Elevator increasingly complex resources. The 'first tier' (essentially the tutorial for the basic mechanics) is very well paced in that it teaches you to do something, and it becomes a pain in the ass to repeatedly do it just around the time the game teaches you how to automate it.

I'm hopelessly addicted to this. It's quite freeform as to how you set things up. What tipped me over the edge was being annoyed about how inefficiently my factory was using fuel, sketching up a small refinery out of conveyor belts, storage bins, and refiners, proceeding to build it and having it work like a dream.

Worth a buy if you're into puzzle or building games.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Another indie gem

Satisfactory (early access) ($45.00)

A game about automation.

Build a factory to mine, refine and then combine various components to feed a Space Elevator increasingly complex resources. The 'first tier' (essentially the tutorial for the basic mechanics) is very well paced in that it teaches you to do something, and it becomes a pain in the ass to repeatedly do it just around the time the game teaches you how to automate it.

I'm hopelessly addicted to this. It's quite freeform as to how you set things up. What tipped me over the edge was being annoyed about how inefficiently my factory was using fuel, sketching up a small refinery out of conveyor belts, storage bins, and refiners, proceeding to build it and having it work like a dream.

Worth a buy if you're into puzzle or building games.
    I bought it when it first came out on Epic Store last year. I put in about 30 hours before I decided to stop playing until release. Though I have checked it out again at each major update since then for a few hours I'm really waiting for the full release. It's pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to playing the full release,
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Playing ghost of tsushima. Enjoyable enough

Carrion is out on Steam tomorow morning. I hope it's good. Seems pretty cool. It's a 2D Metroidvania where you play as some sort of monster or alien that feeds on the people inside a secret government facility.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/953490/CARRION/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Playing ghost of tsushima. Enjoyable enough
    Very much want to play this, looks very pretty and the gameplay style looks like my kind of thing. Just gotta check out if the Japanese version has been censored or not.

I picked up the return to arkham games and have been making my way through them in order. It's been an interesting educational experience for me as I found Asylum to be incredibly enjoyable and revolutionary when I played it the first time on ps3, but after having played through (and enjoyed) the newer games and their refined systems, I didn't enjoy it as much. I found the combat a tad clunky and the timing before losing combos to be a bit unfair/hard to judge. Which I find a fascinating aspect as I played the crap out of the combat challenges initially and thought the whole system and style was amazing. this time around, I did not enjoy the boss fights at all and it's quite plain to see that while the normal combat was well thought out, applying that to boss fights must have been challenging, or they couldn't work a way to make the boss fights something special.

Also I guess after having spent time with other games that have adopted the freeflow combat style (Spiderman/Shadow of MorWar) it makes the original feel a bit clunky.

I've started City and it immediately shines through with a smoother free-flow combat refinement and feels a lot more enjoyable than the first one. It's also interesting that the story still had me hooked. I restarted Asylum twice and City three times, just because I live the way they work in the introduction story pieces.

TLDR version
    the evolution of the series is plain to see and that's what I've enjoyed seeing on this sequential playthrough.

I wonder if he thought this through?

https://twitter.com/slasher/status/1...455775233?s=21
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I wonder if he thought this through?

https://twitter.com/slasher/status/1...455775233?s=21
    Ah, yeah. For those that don't know, Tencent is a big investor in the western games industry. So this ain't good.

40 more followers and i reach affliate.

Ghost of tsushima now in Act lll. Good story, it has really amped up and i have a hunch we are becoming the first ninja ever in Japan lol

The only things are timing, sometimes it doesnt respond during fights in time. Things get in the way, so a tree may block your view of the fighting. Overall its a good game that i would recommend.

I feel let down by the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn. It feels like Sony pushed it out the door before it was ready. There a bunch of technical issues. For me personally I've got the stuttering issues most people are experiencing and I've also got some very bad texture issues. Still, at least I don't have the crashing issues people have reported.

Sad to hear that about HZD. I've fallen into a gaming hiatus for the time being - I've not played anything for two weeks (literally the longest I've gone without gaming since I started 26 years ago) and had hoped to come back to HZD at some point.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.