Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers ongoing [spoilers]

The latest issue was punchy but it felt very short and ultimately pointless.

The entire point of the episode was basically to take the Matrix (still in Starscreams possession from the end of AHM) out of play + introduce Megatron by having him 'kill off' a major character (in a way that you just KNOW will result in his resurrection later)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

You know what would be a shock twist? If got to the end of one of these IDW comics and they hadn't gratuitously killed someone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    You know what would be a shock twist? If got to the end of one of these IDW comics and they hadn't gratuitously killed someone off.
    Arise....Rodimus Prime.......

*****Your got the Touch*******You got the power******

bumblebee down... prime a pansy..........they may or maynot see a connection between but would be cool this new guy arrives... leads the autobots out of the darkest hour... but they dont connect its hot rod.......a prime with a secret......
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Who else have they faux killed off during the course of the Ongoing? (you know, unlit optics, big hole in chest etc).

Ironhide, Hot Rod, Bumblebee...?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Who else have they faux killed off during the course of the Ongoing? (you know, unlit optics, big hole in chest etc).

Ironhide, Hot Rod, Bumblebee...?
    Scrapper.

I have no problem with Transformers dying at all - they should be expendable. it's when they make it a big-deal-big-name death when we all know they'll just rise again in a dozen issues time like Optimus Prime, Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Megatron etc. all have that it becomes cheap.

Oh yeah I forgot about Scrapper.

Yeah I don't mind them being killed off but if they keep being brought back that's just annoying (and its something that has happened to Prime specifically too much during the IDW run) (well, twice) (I think)

Yeah the Bee "kill off" is just lazy.

His popularity has never been higher thanks to the movies, so he wont be offed (and cannot be upgraded to Goldbug, since he is a different character).

If memory serves, wasn't there a big deal made about bumblebee "upgrading" to a movie-ish new body in the ongoing? So why since has he been back in his older body? (too many artists perhaps?)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    (too many artists perhaps?)

to much artistic freedom more like it.... its all well and good having lots of artists... but there should be some standards, it doesnt have to be high detail mechanical art, but atleast the same alt modes....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Yeah the Bee "kill off" is just lazy.

His popularity has never been higher thanks to the movies, so he wont be offed (and cannot be upgraded to Goldbug, since he is a different character).

If memory serves, wasn't there a big deal made about bumblebee "upgrading" to a movie-ish new body in the ongoing? So why since has he been back in his older body? (too many artists perhaps?)
    That was only one issue, he was in his new body for the whole of the International Incident arc (and will mow no doubt be rebuilt into the normal G1 Bee body)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    (and will mow no doubt be rebuilt into the normal G1 Bee body)
    Or a 2008 Camaro body....
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)