Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers ongoing [spoilers]

Yeah I've read it.

I prefer Blurr having an Earthen based alt mode than the futuristic hover car mode he has in the Bumblebee #2 preview. Pretty much another bunch of Autobots leave Bumblebee's team, ongoing #3 actually takes place before Bumblebee #1.

Comic kinda goes... Ultra Magnus is a tool, Ultra Magnus is a tool, Autobots leave, and Witwicky makes a powerplay of sorts.

It's not a bad issue, but it really doesnt have any other feel than it's setting up future issues(which it should!)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Yeah I've read it.

I prefer Blurr having an Earthen based alt mode than the futuristic hover car mode he has in the Bumblebee #2 preview. Pretty much another bunch of Autobots leave Bumblebee's team, ongoing #3 actually takes place before Bumblebee #1.

Comic kinda goes... Ultra Magnus is a tool, Ultra Magnus is a tool, Autobots leave, and Witwicky makes a powerplay of sorts.

It's not a bad issue, but it really doesnt have any other feel than it's setting up future issues(which it should!)
    I read it too. I thought it was a typical mediocre IDW issue in which nothing happens. I summarize it in this way:

'Hey looky here it's Jetfire!'
    'Magnus is a dick and leaves to do dicky things'
    'Spike is cool and a rebel, man!'

Aside from that nothing else really happens and I am glad that I didn't pay to read it as its pretty crappy.

When it comes to Blurr - It's not just 'style' now but jarring art inconsistencies as Blurr has an Earth mode here but in Bumblebee #2 (which takes place at most a couple of days later) he has a Cybertronian mode - That makes no freaking sense and it shows that everyone at IDW just do whatever they want with little coordination. At least Bumblebee despite the changes to the robot design - He still transforms into a VW beetle.

Looking forward to Bumblebee 2 because despite the 'bonkers' continuity its in, the first issue was rather well written and executed. I am also very much looking forward to Wreckers.
    Last edited by kup; 20th January 2010 at 11:51 AM.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...l-2010-169023/

I have a feeling that Hot Rod asked Jetfire to upgrade the cons with the combiner tech.
    smart move.

It seems that IDW is constantly "setting up" for later issues. Just leaves me wondering when the real action is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOwen View Post
    I have a feeling that Hot Rod asked Jetfire to upgrade the cons with the combiner tech.
    smart move.
    I thought he was backward engineering the badges that prevented humans getting more than a 6 mile radius of a TF location, that is until I saw the size of the ones Bee and his team were wearing.

If Hotrod has combiner tech, then wouldn't the constructicons be a better option, especially since they'd probably end up joining with the Stunitcons

With the exception of the humans, who are crap as usual, I actually think this is brilliant. Here we have Ultra Magnus, a detective with no sense of humour who does things by the book (I can hear Robert Stack's 'Unsolved Mysteries' voice as I read this), who's sent to investigate the death of Ironhide and the defection of Optimus Prime. And so for once we actually get someone who questions the fact that a Transformer other than Optimus Prime has died, not just accept it as a normal case of Furmanesque cannon fodder.

I thought he was backward engineering the badges that prevented humans getting more than a 6 mile radius of a TF location, that is until I saw the size of the ones Bee and his team were wearing.

If Hotrod has combiner tech, then wouldn't the constructicons be a better option, especially since they'd probably end up joining with the Stunitcons
    And to prove how wrong I was, out comes a cover for Ongoing #6

be warned there are also spoilers for the entire Wreckers comic...

And to prove how wrong I was, out comes a cover for Ongoing #6

be warned there are also spoilers for the entire Wreckers comic...
    I also don't understand why IDW has a need to spoil the reader 3-5 issues ahead with ill thought out press announcements and covers.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOwen
    smart move.
    It'd be smarter if he assembled a gestalt team comprised of both Autobots and Decepticons. That way it would keep the gestalt loyal to the Autobot-Decepticon alliance and prevent betrayal to either side. It would be neat to see a gestalt made up of a mish-mash of Stunticons, Combaticons, Protectobots, Aerialbots etc., à la Scramble City and just like the way we used to play with them as kids. ;D

However I imagine that one problem with this is that a combined Autobot-Decepticon gestalt mind would be hideously unstable. Gestalt minds can be unstable enough as they are, even when solely comprised of members of their own team; e.g.: Devastator (each Constructicon is too self-interested to sufficiently cooperate, causing much confusion in Devastator's mind), Menasor (all the Stunticons hate Motormaster) etc. -- the animosity and distrust between the Autobot and Decepticon members of a mixed team could potentially drive the gestalt insane and potentially leave them with another Monstructor on their hands. Heh, that would be kinda cool actually... but I can see why Hot Rod & Co. would be hesitant against creating an Autobot-Decepticon gestalt.

Perhaps Jetfire could install three buttons on the gestalt's back that shuts it down when they're all pressed!

I agree with i_amtrunks: I like Ultra Magnus here. Strictly professional. And even though I'm not fond of the hybrid moofie-neo-G1 art style, I must admit that I fangasmed over seeing Ultra Magnus transform. ;D

Issue 4 is the best issue of this series yet IMHO and I enjoyed it's Spotlight type take on Thundercracker while it still developed the subplots. Keep up the good work IDW.