Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers ongoing [spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wahahahahaha! Win!

I gotta get this off my chest, Cliffjumper calling Bumblebee "BB" really gives me the sh*ts.

Note to self: if I ever meet this writer, SLAP him. (no, it's not so bad that it's worth a janglies attack... just a good pimpslap will do)

I thought the story was okay, but I personally preferred Bumblebee #1. One strange thing... WHY are they referring to Octane as Tankor and Bluestreak as Silverstreak?! Don't tell me that IDW has lost the rights to use these names as comic book characters. (-_-) And if the excuse is to support Hasbro, then why are they still calling Hot Rod "Hot Rod" instead of "Rodimus"? Gah! Another weird thing... in #2 they cited Silverstreak as one of the Autobots who deserted Bumblebee's Autobots and left with Hot Rodimus, yet in Bumblebee #1 we see Silverstreak (coloured BLUE!) standing among Bumblebee's Autobots in the cave! Buh?!
    Maybe in this reboot (don't know what else to call it) Bluestreak and Silverstreak are separate characters - But it smells more of stuff up..

In regards to 'Tankor' and also 'Silverstreak', it's possible that Hasbro is pushing these names to promote the toys. Hot Rod isn't being enforced as Rodimus because the Classics toy has not been sold within Hasbro markets for a couple of years. This is also probably why he is not being forced to have a 'Classics' body.
    Last edited by kup; 26th December 2009 at 02:58 PM.

Movie optimus is on the bottom of page 5!!! Really though, who is standing behind Jazz?

The enforcer of the Tyrest accord shows up at the end, but in the Bumblebee comic he is absent. Continuity errors are not fun IDW!

hey who are the guys whom arent gunna buy the comics anymore because of the comic book style, sigh im sick and tired of people dishing this thing, i know how some people can get hooked up on things, sometime you guys have to just think of it in another perspective, plus i dont understand what you guys mean by angry faces, sigh but i guess you guys are dishing it for not just the artwork but also the writing, i myself also like the writing of it, i thought it was awesome when

spoiler alert:

ultra magnus came out of his ship

he was all like

" look at me and all my awesomeness"

and then you see the cover of the next issue and was like YEAH, (MICHAEL BAY) EXPLOSIONS!, KABLAMOOWWWWW!!! BOOOM, PEW PEW PEW, and then after all the sound effects your like, haaaawwwwwyeah, let the awesomeness seep in lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy View Post
    hey who are the guys whom arent gunna buy the comics anymore because of the comic book style, sigh im sick and tired of people dishing this thing, i know how some people can get hooked up on things, sometime you guys have to just think of it in another perspective, plus i dont understand what you guys mean by angry faces, sigh but i guess you guys are dishing it for not just the artwork but also the writing, i myself also like the writing of it, i thought it was awesome when

spoiler alert:

ultra magnus came out of his ship

he was all like

" look at me and all my awesomeness"

and then you see the cover of the next issue and was like YEAH, (MICHAEL BAY) EXPLOSIONS!, KABLAMOOWWWWW!!! BOOOM, PEW PEW PEW, and then after all the sound effects your like, haaaawwwwwyeah, let the awesomeness seep in lmao
    See Lil'former comic in the page before.

kuzzy: I'll still buy this comic despite the fact that I don't like the art. First of all, to me the art isn't as important as the story, and I don't dislike the story so much that I would stop collecting/reading it. If I can survive AHM I can survive this. If I gave up on Transformers because of shoddy artwork..... phwoar... I probably would've skipped a few G1 Marvel issues (like US#68; horrific art from Dwayne Turner but a pivotal story showing the formation of the Neo Knights)! But sometimes you get well written stories accompanied with bad art.

And tbh the artwork _isn't_ technically bad (unlike say, Pat Lee). It's just drawn in a particular style that I don't like, but that's just my personal taste. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's not as if he's committing technical flaws such as grossly ignoring proportions and forced linear perspective (unlike say, Pat Lee).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I thought the story was okay, but I personally preferred Bumblebee #1. One strange thing... WHY are they referring to Octane as Tankor and Bluestreak as Silverstreak?! Don't tell me that IDW has lost the rights to use these names as comic book characters. (-_-) And if the excuse is to support Hasbro, then why are they still calling Hot Rod "Hot Rod" instead of "Rodimus"? Gah!
    I'm pretty sure they're doing the name change to pimp Universe toys (despite the fact that the line is basically over-finished!)-why else did Sunstreaker have his Universe toy design in AHM?

They're probably saving Rodimus for when Hot Rod becomes the Autobot leader.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    why else did Sunstreaker have his Universe toy design in AHM?
    Fair point, although they did provide a back story to explain that physical change. It was still inconsistent though... Prowl also got 'upgraded' to his Universe toy form and I don't recall any explanation for that. Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz never got changed to their Universe toy forms either. Neither did Hound iirc. None of the Decepticons look like their Universe toys.

It's the inconsistency that bugs me. If they want to make a proper Classics/Universe comic then just go make one!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    They're probably saving Rodimus for when Hot Rod becomes the Autobot leader.
    Well he's currently the leader of a rogue faction of Autobots and they're still calling him Hot Rod. :/ It would also be inconsistent with Hasbro's recent policy with naming Hot Rod Rodimus and Rodimus Prime as Rodimus Prime.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Aaron Archer had anything to do with this. :/

How long till they reboot the comics again i wonder

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    How long till they reboot the comics again i wonder
    I give it 3 months

hahaha i agree

But if they do/when they do

i bet they have to start again, fresh, no continuation of this story/continuity

Or theyd do a Dreamwave and die