Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers ongoing [spoilers]

this sort of trend is very disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    hahaha i agree

But if they do/when they do

i bet they have to start again, fresh, no continuation of this story/continuity

Or theyd do a Dreamwave and die
    I am sure that it will be yet another case of 'its in continuity because we say so and now excuse us while we go and attempt (but fail) to fix the derailed story line with a few very mediocre issues that actually do the opposite'

I haven't had a chance to read Bumblebee yet but I've finally caught up on #2.
    Better than #1, face designs aren't as jarring and I don't think it's because we've become more tolerant of them. Story-wise, it's still not really doing much for me but I'll give it until the end of the first arc. Who am I kidding, I'll keep buying them out of habit but I have hope that once all the ground work is laid, it'll really pick up. Much like X-2 was a huge improvement after the plodding start that was the first X-men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    Who am I kidding, I'll keep buying them out of habit but I have hope that once all the ground work is laid, it'll really pick up. Much like X-2 was a huge improvement after the plodding start that was the first X-men movie.
    They seem to be laying and re-laying ground work for years and years already... I'd be much happier if they did comics like the good old days - start at #1 and then just go on till #80 or whenever it is that it must stop.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    They seem to be laying and re-laying ground work for years and years already... I'd be much happier if they did comics like the good old days - start at #1 and then just go on till #80 or whenever it is that it must stop.
    that would be nice, I understand that there's the whole thing about "getting new readers" necessitating reboots and "re-laying" of ground work but I think Transformers comics are niche enough that the people buying them are like me doing it out of habit. Sure there'd be some new-comers since that AWESOME Transformers 2 movie would have made SO MANY new fans but aside from those people, it's the die-hards like us.

I have to admit that the habit is hard to break. Although I haven't enjoyed much since the first issues of AHM, I continued to get them. However I find the new Ongoing to be somewhat lame and mediocre so I am actually putting my foot down and not buying them any more unless there is a huge and consistent improvement.

The Bumblebee comic started off great so I will continue to buy that. I am also looking forward to Roche's wreckers.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am also looking forward to Roche's wreckers.
    It's the only series I will be picking up as issues, I have given up on the ongoing, and am waiting to see if Bumblebee is worth getting as a trade.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    The problem is that when the licence changes hands the new company is going to want to make it's own mark. Who's to say that if TF had remained in Marvels hands that they wouldn't reboot it anyway. They keep doing it to their own properties. Sheesh look at how DC keeps rebooting it's Wildstorm sub-line.

Marvel made Transformer comics across two offices in New York and London for 10 years (1984-1994) without ever rebooting continuity. There were a few retcons made but never a whole continuity reboot. Continuity became more consistent after 1989 when Furman replaced Budiansky in writing the US comics allowing for greater fidelity between the US and UK stories.

I don't think we really had a 'real' continuity reboot until 2003 with Transformers Armada (or arguably 2000's Car Robot (RiD), but it's since been officially retconned as being in-continuity with G1, so technically Armada is the first continuity reboot that remains a reboot).

has anyone read issue 3?