Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 919242526272829

Thread: IDW Transformers ongoing [spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    If you want them in good condition, avoid Aussie online store Fishpond.

Terrible, terrible packing = major book damage = every order.
    I have only ordered once from them and even then they pulled the product and cancelled the order.....
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Well, I'd also avoid pretty much all the Amazon sellers, and some sellers on Abebooks too. Minotaur books are mostly pristine conditions but they are REALLY slow in getting in new stock.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Well, I'd also avoid pretty much all the Amazon sellers, and some sellers on Abebooks too. Minotaur books are mostly pristine conditions but they are REALLY slow in getting in new stock.
    Comic stores ordering via Diamond should be on a 2 week turnaround now (that changed fairly recently, used to be one week).

Diamond does tend to do things at their own pace though, so 2 weeks easily becomes 4...

I guess you guys don't have any comic shops or book stores in your local area?

(although brick and mortar book stores are a dying breed these days)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't know about you, but I don't like paying $6 for an entire issue of recaps, inaction and a general lack of plot progression (honestly, if someone missed/skipped this issue, what would they be missing??)
    You're paying $6 for your comics? Find a new comic store. My local comic shop charges $4.75 for a comic with a US cover price of $3.99 because they've adjusted their prices to match the strong Aussie dollar.

Or try the new IDW TF comic app. Back issues are just $1.99 per issue on there, and if you are smart at buying credit it could cost you $1.50 per issue, just like in the Marvel days (Without the ads or the floppy pamphlett you need space to store and with the same couple of month delay that you had when buying comics from newsagents). And not that it's powered by Comixology it may also have an online version too if you don't have a smartphone.

What comic shop are you buying from? My local is only charging $4.40 for 3.99 cover price
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

That proves my point. Always a better deal out there if you look around.

(Classic Comics by the way - and not on a standing order)

I get my comics from Phantom Zone. They may be a bit pricier, but they're close to me and provide good customer service. Other comic stores like say Comic Kingdom or King's Comics are further away from me... and I'm not a fan of the customer service from the manager of King's who was very rude to me once.

I've had my standing order with PZ since Marvel G1 days (over 20 years!! ); and they know me pretty well. Like if there's a TF title that I haven't requested, but they know I'll want it, they reserve it for me. It's little things like that kind of personal service which gets my repeat business with them.