Thread: Converting Video Cassette to DVD

Question Converting Video Cassette to DVD

Does anyone know how to do it, or know of anyone who you can pay to do it for you?

I have the Video Board games "Nightmare 1-4" and don't have a video player.
    Plus want to convert them to dvd as to not destroy the video from over-use.
    Also have the Star Trek one as well.

Any help is appreciated.

There are companies that can do it but they don't tend to like converting copyrighted material. They might do it but they always advertise about converting home movies and stuff like that.

I have a DVD/HDD recorder (which are great by the way). I just hooked up my VHS to it, hit play and recorded everything onto the Hard Drive, edited it if needed, and then burnt it to DVD myself. It's real time so a little time consuming, but you can set it up and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I have a DVD/HDD recorder (which are great by the way). I just hooked up my VHS to it, hit play and recorded everything onto the Hard Drive, edited it if needed, and then burnt it to DVD myself. It's real time so a little time consuming, but you can set it up and walk away.
    Time consuming, but I could play it at the same time haha. Now all I need is a DVD recorder...

Thanks btw, I may just try it.

By burning to the hard drive first before onto disc, meant I also had time to put in chapters which is very useful. But a straight DVD recorder will still do the job.

There's a shop next to Phantom Zone in Parramatta that does VHS to DVD conversions. I've been thinking about using their services cos I have a LOT of stuff that's still on VHS, like Transformers Car Robot, Beast Wars Neo etc.

Get a TV Tuner for your computer and plug the VCR to it - you will be able to digitaly record its playback onto movie files which you then can convert to DVD.

I have a combo recorder, that lets me record videos to DVD. I can do it for you if you want
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Paulbot's method is the best and easiest method I know of, while Kup's idea is better if you want to edit and play around with the video (home videos and the ilk, not so much with those Nightmare board games)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)