Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello again

Default Hello again

Hi guys,

To introduce myself to the community, I am a Sydney based fan mainly collecting G1 toys and merch and have around 200+ figures.

I was a member of this forum about 4 years ago (different username) and have met some of you already.

I regularly visit this site for Oz related news and sightings and thought I would re-register to contribute.

Chances are I might not have a lot of time to post so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me often.

Cheers!

Welcome back, it's not the quatity it's the quality

Mabuhay and welcome... again
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Welcome. Enjoy the viddles

Welcome back (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Thank you all for the very warm welcome guys. It's good to be posting again.

Transformers are, and always has been a big part of my life, and it's fantastic to talk to like-minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Welcome back, it's not the quatity it's the quality
    Not too sure what to make of this comment - are you saying that I don't have that many or that it's a reasonable amount however only the 'quality' counts?

I am a MISB collector where possible (gets a bit expensive at times) and even those that are 'out of the box' are in mint condition.

I never collect anything that I consider to be 'junkers' or even missing accessories. I am by no means a completist and only collect figures / characters that interest me.

The rules (self-imposed) that I use for collecting are -

1. Avoid collecting something that has been KO'd (to avoid being duped as most out of the box KO's are hard to pick). I do have the KO Shockwave for display purposes only as it's unlikely he will ever see an official release and I would never resell him claiming it to be original.
    2. Never collect more than one mould of a figure - no repaints. I did make an exception to this early this month by getting the Encore Thundercracker and Skywarp 2-pack
    3. Always aim for a mint figure with all accessories

I'm lucky in that more than 20 of my Transformers were mine as a kid as my parents never allowed me to take them out of the house or threw them out when I got older. I still have my very first - Sideswipe, that my parents bought for me back in '84.

I'm currently extending my house and will have a new room to display them all. Collecting to me is how much I enjoy my collection rather than aiming for every release of every toy ever made. Having said that, I am more than envious looking at some of the collections here - especially Griffin's, Gok's, and Tiby's who showed them all on Collectors.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Just out of curiosity, what was your previous handle?

Hi Goki. It was S0undwave. Couldn't re-register with that as I believe there are other similar handles being used. Wanted to come up with something completely different.

I went into a self-imposed hiatus a couple of years ago and reconnected with some other long-time friends / fans I've known since high school. We ran our own Transfan club with about 15 or so members. It was fairly casual in that we mostly had meet-ups at each others houses and a very infrequent newsletter - similar to the way Ozformers was run 'back in the day'.

I was talking about posting, and it should have read quantity. I only post every now and then at the moment as the movie figures which are the main at the moment leave me cold, I remember your handle