Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural Discussion

Default Supernatural Discussion

No... this is not a thread for the 80's toy line Supernaturals (although they were really cool), this is a thread to discuss the TV show Supernatural.

Are there any other fans here that watch the show religiously? Want to make a prediction on what's going to happen in the remaining episodes of season 5? Do you think it will go on past season 5?

I guess I'm just depressed knowing that the final episode for this year aired last Friday. Now I have to wait until Jan 21st. Maybe this should go in the 'rant' thread

damn i didnt know that was the last episode for the year.

SPOILER

i have no idea how they are going to kill the devil
    and i read that there is a good chance of season 6

My wife and I do enjoy watching this show, as we feel that besides the action, it pursues some interesting and meaningful themes.

Have no idea about how the plot will play out, but keen to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    damn i didnt know that was the last episode for the year.

SPOILER

i have no idea how they are going to kill the devil
    and i read that there is a good chance of season 6
    I've heard this as well (season 6) however Eric Kripke did state that the original story line only covered 5 seasons. If they decide to wrap it up after this season, I would be upset that the show has finished, but satisfied that they went out on a high. There are too many shows that continue when they should have finished seasons beforehand *cough* Simpsons *cough* X-Files.

Spolier Alert -

My assumption is that ...Bobby will be God's vessel as Dean is Michael's and Sam's Lucifer. He is the father figure in the absence of their dad and it makes sense to see him face off against Sam in the finale. It would also allow him to walk again after his 'accident'.

I think it is one of the best non comedy shows on the box, and has been since day dot.

For me, Supernatural is a bit like Lost, there's nothing wrong with watching it week to week, but it is a much better show when watched in big blocks (and a second time around).

Season 5 has so far been excellent, I think Channel 10 will be airing the new episodes throughout summer, so come February we shouldn't be too far behind the states.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I just finished watching Season 4 and its was awesome. Cant get enough of it. Although the new season is due on the telly, I am tempted to find other means and watch it asap if ya know what I mean.

I love the way the it still chucks something different in there. I like the X-files in the 1st season coz it was just "scary stories" then when it went off with that alien story non-stop I got bored and stopped. SUpernatural on the other hand has the long running theme, but still chucks in the occasional one-off "scary story." Plus they have some awesome eps. Like the Ghostchasers one and the one when Sam and Dean were normal guys in tha office!

A+++ for SUpernatural.

Honestly, I never found those toys all that great. They just had a hologram in them...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Although the new season is due on the telly, I am tempted to find other means and watch it asap if ya know what I mean.
    It is coming back to Channel 10 next Monday at 830 PM with a double episode. I have found these 'other means' and have watched up to episode 10 of season 5. Trust me... it keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Honestly, I never found those toys all that great. They just had a hologram in them...
    Awww... come on. They were great
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

So who met Jared Padalecki at last year's Supanova? I attended Supanova but missed him. Admittely I don't really watch the show nor am I a fan, but some of my friends who like the show met him and were pretty excited. One mate of mine had a photo of himself with Jared as his facebook profile pic for a while!

I only found out that Jared was at Supanova after I had left. I didn't bother reading the program guide that comes in the 'showbag'

There was also a Supernatural convention earlier this year (April) in Sydney. Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Jared were present. Cost of tickets were about $1,500 from memory. A bit too rich for me.

There will be another next year - All Hell Breaks Loose Part II on May 8th (Sydney) and May 9th (Melbourne).

And don't forget - Supernatural comes back to Channel 10 this Monday 30/11 at 8.30 PM
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I didn't know Jared was going to be there, but I walked past his table which had a massive photo of him. Also, everyone at the convention seemed to be talking about him. People were coming up to me and saying, "Hey Goki did you meet Jared Padalecki?" and I was like "Who?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP
    There was also a Supernatural convention earlier this year (April) in Sydney. Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Jared were present. Cost of tickets were about $1,500 from memory. A bit too rich for me.
    Yeah... and that's why I've never even contemplated getting any international guests down for a Transformers convention here! Wow, for that price you might as well fly over to a convention in the US!