Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Electronic Music Appreciation Thread

Sounds like I need to buy more tickets. How you going with Ableton Blackie?

been on hold
    uni work has been breaking my balls the past month and a half >_>

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    been on hold
    uni work has been breaking my balls the past month and a half >_>
    Goddamn uni and work, taking up our valuable creativity time

I'm working on a French Electro/disco/dubstep track at the moment, waiting patiently for pay day so I can buy some tasty distortion effects and obliterate the bassline

i still think some of the best electronic music is on Aphex twins selected ambient works
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    i still think some of the best electronic music is on Aphex twins selected ambient works
    Yeah dood, Aphex Twin is the f'n man! There's a small chance I could be related to him too (surname of James, dad comes from Cornwall). What's your favourite track off the album?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Yeah dood, Aphex Twin is the f'n man! There's a small chance I could be related to him too (surname of James, dad comes from Cornwall). What's your favourite track off the album?
    Pretty much anything off volume 1, We are the music makers, schottkey 7th path, Heliosphan is my absolute favorite off that cd though. I dont live volume 2 as much, but Cow Cud is a Twin was always good =P I used to love that cd even more before they gave the tracks proper names. Its amazing how your brain and mood can be affected by songs that dont have a title. Its like even though they are just songs and sounds, they can make you feel a certain way or remind you of certain things. I wish more music was like that these days. I'm rambling now, but to me Selected ambient works doesnt really age. Its been around for ages but always seems to sound fresh and new.
    ~

My second track is complete! Please let me know what you think guys http://soundcloud.com/abrah-j/abrah-j-hugatah

know what i love about electronic music, you can essentially sample anything you want.

not generally my style of music, but i actually like it
    has a good beat to it, just not fast enough or enough bass for my liking :P

Oooooh. On the new disco sound this time eh? I really like. Ultra funky. Handclaps galore. You probably just need a little bit more of a melodic bassline playing throughout, but that's just my opinion.

If you want some off-kilter disco inspiration, give a listen to "Circus"by Black Devil Disco Club. That has some off kilter nu-disco that you seem to have on your track.

But man great job!

Give Anoraak's "Above Your Head" a listen on youtube. That track reminds me of first love, his album is full of synths and often 8-16-bit videogame like melodies with a lot of soul.

Thanks for the great feedback guys. And yes Blackie, I too loooove being able to sample anything and everything. Can you guys guess which movie I ripped that little conversation from during the bassline? I love the accents in that movie!

I'll definitely be checking out those songs at work tomorrow Stompster, Nu Disco is the shiz! Onra is a huge inspiration for me at the moment, I don't think 'The Longest Distance' is a fantastic album but it has so many cool ideas that have really helped me to develop my own style.