Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Electronic Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    MM9 are sick, really like their new stuff, their older NuMetal stuff was pretty rubbish, but I've liked all their stuff since Prosthetic Blvd till now. Really cool
    I love all their stuff, I've been a fan for quite a few years now, will you be heading to any upcomming shows?

Ahh yeah I'll be seeing them at Pyramid Rock over new years, and I already saw them once before earlier this year with Dead Letter Circus

North Melbourne-bot...?

Love this song (In by Ambidextrous/Morkva) but just discovered this awesome video for it on youtube...Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0IfVokV60k

Cool thread. Yeah, Ulrich Schauss is beautiful music. I love nearly all electronic. I've been a classically trained pianists since the age of four, and have played numerous other instruments since, and even participated in a few professional orchestras in my teens (playing the French Horn ).

I've come to the conclusion that electronic music adds a proverbial third dimension to music. The true definition of music is something containing the following three parameters: Pitch, Volume and Timbre. While analog instruments are astonishly beautifully and diverse, they are finite in the timbres they can create. Electronic music has no such limits.

I had a massive multi-year fetish with Psytrance, went to lots of outdoor parties across Australia, specifically about 5 x Rainbow Serpent Festivals (the best!), a bunch of Earthcores and even the solar eclipse party in 2002 in the Adelaide desert. The Psytrance scene has an almost sister-like psychedelic chill scene, where many artists cross over, of which the king is Simon Posford. By himself, playing full-on (yet clever) psytrance, he is known as Hallucinogen, but with Raja Ram, they form the duo known as Shpongle.

Shpongle's Tales of the Inexpressible is what I call my "desert island" album. As in, if I was stuck on a desert island with only one album, this would be it. Musical, original, psychedelic, funky, diverse, everything! A truly musical, intellectual psychedelic feast!

Shpongle is unreal! I'm sad to say I haven't been to too many psy-trance events - I would love to have gone to one of those Rainbow Serpent Festivals (is it still on these days?)! Have you ever seen Astrix play live, jay? Love that guys style.

Astrix, full-on Israeli. Unfortunately, no. But I had a phase where I was really into him and other similarly banging Israelis. I did win a contest where I got flown to the Victorian bush in a Cessna with a friend to see Alien Project, who was a friend/cohort/collaborator with Astrix. He ended up being a real jerk to the organisers, who were friends, and I lost the taste for him as a result.

Yeah, RSF still runs, but I didn't go this year. However, friends said best eva!

Did you know that Astrix is playing in Sydney on Friday and Melbourne on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Did you know that Astrix is playing in Sydney on Friday and Melbourne on Saturday?
    Oh what, I had no idea! I really should look on inthemix.com.au more often...Ah well, at least I've still got Orbital to look forward to next week. You heading south to see Astrix?

No, my days of appreciation of the Israeli banging style of Psytrance have passed.

I'm much more appreciative of the proggy sounds you find in the morning.

Has anyone else heard Underworld's new song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHs8LxPepKU

Have to say, I'm loving it and hope this new album will be their best since Beaucoup Fish.

Also very much looking forward to Miami Horror in June and *gasp* AUTECHRE next Friday night in Sydney...What a dream come true. Cannot WAIT

So many great tunes in circulation at the moe, what funky beats is everyone else into these days?