Thread: G1 US Pepsi Prime

Question G1 US Pepsi Prime Info Needed !

After looking around EBay (as you do) I noticed there are now repro G1 Pespi Prime stickers.

There is the large Canadian version, and the small US version available from a few sellers. What got my attention though was the "variant" US version that says "Pepsi-Cola" instead of just Pepsi.

My Transformers are in storage, so I got out and had a look at my Pepsi Prime. Sure enough, as I suspected, my one says "Pepsi-Cola"; as Red Foot Prime is pointing out.

Anyone know how rare is that version is over the normal, (already rare) ones ?

More interestingly though, I'd like to know more about this variant. The TF Variations site is no longer with us due to GeoCities closing, and I can't find any info from Googling.

Any info would be appreciated ! Thanks.
    Last edited by AussieJason; 5th December 2009 at 01:14 PM.

Question

Looks like no one can shed any light on this ?

I used to visit that TF "Variations Quest" site, but I don't recall it having much on Pepsi Prime variants apart from the obvious US and Canada versions.

Do any other original G1 Pespi Prime owners on this forum have the same sticker version as mine ?

Chances are, no one here knows anything about it, as they weren't released here.
    Are you sure the varient is legit and not a KO (there was a KO pepsi prime done in the last few years).

Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098 View Post
    Ask crab. King of variants.
    does that make you the queen then? :P

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Chances are, no one here knows anything about it, as they weren't released here.
    Are you sure the varient is legit and not a KO (there was a KO pepsi prime done in the last few years).
    Not sure... It should be too old to be a KO, but it is still possible.

I'm sure there are telltale signs as with most KO's, but I don't know what to look for unfortunately.

Comparisons to my G1 Prime I got for Christmas in 1984 (or was that '85 ?) are identical. Nothing looks like it is made out of "cheaper" plastics, stickers are a perfect repro if not genuine etc...

It could also be a genuine Prime with a KO sticker as well. Maybe I'm better off not knowing, keeping the dream alive...!

Just keep thinking you have a rare piece. I searched before and couldn't find any info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    It could also be a genuine Prime with a KO sticker as well. Maybe I'm better off not knowing, keeping the dream alive...!
    I've never seen one like this. It is possible it's a genuine release (Prime) with a Pepsi sticker slapped on the trailer.

Maybe send an email to Lewis Brooks and ask the question. He runs a website called TFMuseum and maintains a list of Transformer toy releases including variants.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I've never seen one like this. It is possible it's a genuine release (Prime) with a Pepsi sticker slapped on the trailer.

Maybe send an email to Lewis Brooks and ask the question. He runs a website called TFMuseum and maintains a list of Transformer toy releases including variants.
    Will do. Thanks !