Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xmas Wish List

Hmm, no holy grails eh? Well, any of these would be just dandy.

TFA: News of a bona fide, cartoon accurate activator Wasp
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    G1: Double Cross, Repugnus, Nightbeat body (US)
    MP: 'cracker

deluxe cyber shark
    any deluxe or basic beast wars mold i dont have
    buster prime
    storage for my tfs
    complete guide with every tf toy inside and profile and cool image of every character

Aaron Archer's job
    Death Zaras
    Overlord
    Time Warrior
    My two front teeth

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Rodimus Prime reissue
    Takara MP Thundecracker
    Hasbro & Takara MP Skywarp

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Ok guys. It's only 2 weeks to Xmas therefore 14 more sleeps until Santa comes

If you were 9 years old again, and let's just say for argument sake, still believed in Santa, what would your wish list look like if you had to list 5 or so items?

A couple of things to keep in mind - forget about monetary value, and pretend that you have 25 years of Transformers product to choose from.
    I guess 9 years old again, but today, not when I actually was 9?

Honestly, if I really was 9 again today, a transformer for xmas would be right down on my list behind a bunch of other really fun crap.

But if I were to gun for a TF, probably ultimate BB as it has "animatronics" of sorts in it, and that's the sort of stuff my 9 year old self would find interesting. Or a g1 jetfire as robotech freaking rules. (Yes, my 11 year old self really wanted one of them), but it was my 20 something year old self that finally got one.

Seems I'm the only one who remembers what it's like to be a kid.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    Honestly, if I really was 9 again today, a transformer for xmas would be right down on my list behind a bunch of other really fun crap.
    Speak for yourself. Transformers has always been #1 on my want list for xmas, birthdays etc. ever since 1984. So they would've been right up the top of my list on my 9th birthday, in fact - they were!

Here's a photo from my 9th birthday right here:
    <---Hot Rod was my bday present and I got Cyclonus for Xmas

...as if I'd want anything else other than a Transformer!

But okay, tbh if I were 9 now and had 25 years' of Transformers to choose from, my list would only go back as far as Car Robot/RiD. Anything older than that wouldn't appeal to me if I were a child. For example, I enjoyed GI Joe ARAH as a kid, but I've never been into any of the original Joes. I also enjoyed playing with Lego but I wouldn't go for any really old Lego sets.

If we're to assume that all 25 years' worth of TF toys were amazingly released in only 9 years (!!!) then my list would stretch back to G1. It all depends on whether or not I experienced G1... as an infant. So under that assumption my original list would be the same. Well, may not Aaron Archer's job. Replace that with G2 Hero Optimus Prime (or G2 Sureshot).
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 12th December 2009 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Seems I'm the only one who remembers what it's like to be a kid.
    hey!! my list has stuff on it that i actually wanted as a kid and one of them i actually bought with birthday money cause i really wanted it

Okay.... my wishlist AS A KID was as follows:

Jazz.
    Bluestreak.
    Tracks.
    Sideswipe.

And since we're going for five toys... I'll throw in Windcharger.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    It'd be snazzy I'm sure, although I don't own the Universe Cheetor or Dinobot so I can't judge what the new ones would be like to play with. They sure look... different. If the Rhinox, if produced, was any good I'd probably have to pick them up aswell :P
    If you go for the new ones, Dinobot is certainly worth it but you need to go for the Henkei Japanese version as Hasbro has screwed up the colors on the local release.

Cheetor is not that good but he is not terrible - again Henkei version is better.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But okay, tbh if I were 9 now and had 25 years' of Transformers to choose from, my list would only go back as far as Car Robot/RiD. Anything older than that wouldn't appeal to me if I were a child. For example, I enjoyed GI Joe ARAH as a kid, but I've never been into any of the original Joes. I also enjoyed playing with Lego but I wouldn't go for any really old Lego sets.

If we're to assume that all 25 years' worth of TF toys were amazingly released in only 9 years (!!!) then my list would stretch back to G1. It all depends on whether or not I experienced G1... as an infant. So under that assumption my original list would be the same. Well, may not Aaron Archer's job. Replace that with G2 Hero Optimus Prime (or G2 Sureshot).
    Don't over analyse this too much otherwise we could potentially get into discussions regarding the validity of one man delivering billions of presents throughout the world in one night

I picked 9 years of age merely due to the fact that I was 9 in 1984 when Transformers first appeared. If anyone would like to pretend that they are younger / older than this, expect to see a lump of coal in your Xmas stocking this year
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]