Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted Euro G1 Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Those pictures are downright terrorfying. You know his scope suffers GPS, right?
    Does it? That's news to me

Seriously, I know what I am doing. I also didn't get the Botcon version due to his puny size.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Does it? That's news to me

Seriously, I know what I am doing. I also didn't get the Botcon version due to his puny size.
    Check the Wiki. The picture for Skyquake on the GPS page is him standing above his shattered scope, looking down in pity and horror

Just be careful with it though

(Although I WOULD post one of those pictures in the talk there just to see how many people panic the hell out)

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Check the Wiki. The picture for Skyquake on the GPS page is him standing above his shattered scope, looking down in pity and horror

Just be careful with it though

(Although I WOULD post one of those pictures in the talk there just to see how many people panic the hell out)
    I know about the GPS on Skyquake, I was just being silly. My Skyquake is fine and I have taken the appropriate precautions to prevent such breakage like I do with all my GPS toys.

Here, have a full gallery of 'Terrorfying' pics

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4559

Once I get and complete Talon, I will add even more! MUHUHAHAHA!!
    Last edited by kup; 17th December 2009 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I know about the GPS on Skyquake, I was just being silly. My Skyquake is fine and I have taken the appropriate precautions to prevent such breakage like I do with all my GPS toys.

Here, have a full gallery of 'Terrorfying' pics

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4559

Once I get and complete Talon, I will add even more! MUHUHAHAHA!!
    Gotta ask you how you do prevent GPS (Although we are WAY off topic, so... )

You don't prevent GPS you can only manage it to prevent breakage.

For example, to keep the pressure on the plastic to a minimum on Skyquake's scope when I dock a Predator jet, I simply lossen the screws a tiny bit on the scope. It doesn't visibly separate the pieces and its not loose enough to split apart but it allows more flexibility when docking in the jet drastically minimizing the pressure and risk of breakage considerably.

Another example that I gave in another thread is G1 Bristleback. His leg tab is too big and adds too much pressure on the plastic when transforming so I sanded it down a bit and now he transforms much more easially as I have minimized the amount of pressure needed to move the legs.

I had to do something similar with Skyhammer's shell toes.

Another is Torca from beast Wars - He has GPS and a common victim of that is his tail joint. Out of the box, the pin securing the tail joint moves inside the gold plastic creating lots of pressure and eventual breakage. What I did was modify the pin so that it remains static within the gold plastic and only the tail moves around it.

What I mean by managing the GPS is not curing it but a work around it. I remove or minimize the pressure that the articulation or transformation of the toy would apply to the particular joint with minor but invisible mods.