Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avatar toys

$15 is alright for a 10cm action figure. Star Trek's 10cm figures initially sold for that price and Star Wars typically go for $17 a pop. $15 isn't cheap, but it's acceptable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    $15 is alright for a 10cm action figure. Star Trek's 10cm figures initially sold for that price and Star Wars typically go for $17 a pop. $15 isn't cheap, but it's acceptable IMO.
    Yes but 10cm figures are already exspensive for what they are.

Also the quality of one off movie tie-in figures tends to be even lower than the established action figure lines like Star Wars, GI Joe, and Marvel.

I have an Avatar 10cm figure, and there's definitely more than $2 worth of difference between him and one of my GI Joe figures.

The Mecha (afaik) hasn't been released in Australia, but I would assume (based on the prices so far) they would be at least $50 or more if they ever get here.
    I get the feeling that we're never going to get anything other than the single humans/humanoids. By now the film is winding down; if the big mechs and creatures were ever going to be released here, they would have been by now. Which is a shame, because I really did want a banshee.

The line itself seems to be shelfwarming at any rate, at least at the Big W I frequent. I am baffled by how it seems to be exclusive to Big W stores-considering how they only occur in out-of-the-way places (at least to me, being in the Inner West) it's a weird place to stuff the toy line for a game-changing blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    I get the feeling that we're never going to get anything other than the single humans/humanoids. By now the film is winding down; if the big mechs and creatures were ever going to be released here, they would have been by now. Which is a shame, because I really did want a banshee.

The line itself seems to be shelfwarming at any rate, at least at the Big W I frequent. I am baffled by how it seems to be exclusive to Big W stores-considering how they only occur in out-of-the-way places (at least to me, being in the Inner West) it's a weird place to stuff the toy line for a game-changing blockbuster.
    Outside of the enduring brands of Transformers, Star Wars, and Turtles It doesn't seem like any of the movie tie in brands do anything but shelf war anymore. Terminator, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star trek, Gi joe ROC, and now presumably Avatar all shelf warmed for ages before being sold of for a pittance. I guess they must make money cause they keep making them, but I gotta wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Outside of the enduring brands of Transformers, Star Wars, and Turtles It doesn't seem like any of the movie tie in brands do anything but shelf war anymore. Terminator, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star trek, Gi joe ROC, and now presumably Avatar all shelf warmed for ages before being sold of for a pittance. I guess they must make money cause they keep making them, but I gotta wonder.
    The Big W in Macquarie Centre has the few remaining Indiana Jones figures all going for $5, and even then none have moved since I began looking around there.

Some interesting news, if anyone's still interested.

While hunting for Bludgeon today in Big W Macquarie Centre, I showed up right when they were putting new stock on the shelves. I hung around for a bit in case they unpacked a case of Bludgeons, which they didn't. What did show up were some new Avatar figures I'd never seen before, all of them representing the Na'vi or the humans in their avatar bodies, instead of just more human characters.

I'm curious as to whether this means that we'll eventually see the big vehicles and creatures.

hey, does anyone know if the AMP suits are on sale in australia yet? if so then how much and where?

i saw one on ebay for about 40 AUD shipped but wasnt sure if that was a good deal or i should hunt around local stores instead.

i was playing around with the i-tag system last night. not bad indeed.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Sadly, no idea.

The only Amp Suit I'm getting (which hasn't arrived yet) is this one from SDCC.