Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More KO Devastator Goodness (?)

It's not colour accurate. They're still using that bright "lolly" green which is quite different from the duller green on the original. It is a more authentic looking but still not perfect looking counterfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    You have to wonder though, why after all these years are they finally bringing out a fully chromed and colour accurate KO? I suspect Encore 20.

Well, I'd like to hold that hope anyway. Yea, I know, they're individual and not a giftbox.
    Unfortunately there are also gift sets available - one made by Zhong Jin and the other Kidi Toys. These were released a while back and replicated the chrome and metal parts.

The good news is that if they (Constructicons) were ever released in the Encore line as a gift set, the packaging would be substantially different to the KO's as these are an outright, but poorly executed, copy of the original US gift set released in '85.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I must say these KO's are getting better and better.

It is already hard to distinguish when buying online, now it is reaching the point where it will be hard in person...

:S apart from the very new looking card, they're getting pretty ahrd to identify. problem is not all sellers have a light box to take photos with so the lolly colours may be hard to tell. do we see any super obvious tell tale signs? example KO pime had the text in different position and extra cardboard border on the window

Here's a couple of the new carded Construction KO's - Scrapper and Mixmaster. The seller however claims they are "legit".

He's even gone to the trouble of placing a price sticker on Scrapper.

Where he has slipped up majorly is in the bogus 'shill' bidding that's going on. Both items have been bid on exactly the same amount of times (8) and only seconds apart with what appears to be the same amounts. Pleeease
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Here's a couple of the new carded Construction KO's - Scrapper and Mixmaster. The seller however claims they are "legit".

Where he has slipped up majorly is in the bogus 'shill' bidding that's going on. Both items have been bid on exactly the same amount of times (8) and only seconds apart with what appears to be the same amounts. Pleeease
    i thought the KO's didnt have the assortment number in the bottom lefthand corner, those do. or am i mistaken about the KO's?

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    i thought the KO's didnt have the assortment number in the bottom lefthand corner, those do. or am i mistaken about the KO's?
    You're correct, the KO's do not have the assortment number on them. Maybe my eyesight is failing me (old age perhaps), but I even blew those pictures up and thought what looked like text, was just a reflection of where the bubble meets the card
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

You're correct, the KO's do not have the assortment number on them. Maybe my eyesight is failing me (old age perhaps), but I even blew those pictures up and thought what looked like text, was just a reflection of where the bubble meets the card
    so does that mean theyre not KO's?
    still shill bid i agree

He has a Beachcomber which looks legit. How can you tell the 'cons are fake?
    The bids might be from someone interested in both.

If you are correct and they have the assortment code - they're not KO's.

If I am correct and that's just glare from the bubble on the card (bottom right-hand side) and there is no code, then they are fake.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks