Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Toy Ever

Wheelie is an underwhelming toy, even compared to other Autobot minicars.

HD: Alternator Ravage's feline mode is technically his robot mode. But I know what you mean by him having the only non-humanoid robot mode. But in spite of this I still consider him to be the most disappointing of the Alternators.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed
    Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    Dirge, if you don't like g1 jetfire, I'll give it an awesome home. I see it more as a robotech toy, probably because it is.
    I see it more of a Macross toy, but that's just me.
    Technically you're right Zed. That mould was originally released for Macross and _never_ by Harmony Gold for Robotech. One thing that has vexed Robotech fans is that they never released any transforming Veritech toys during the 1980s so some kids bought Jetfire to compensate (I know one guy who repainted his Jetfire into the colours of Skull-1; you know this person too Zed ).

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I'm rather fond of Broadside myself, but agree that he is the epitome of a G1 brick if ever there were a good example.

If I had got Broadside as a kid, I would be very sorely disappointed I think.
    i just accquired broadside myself, while the robot is crap, the concept is very good one i believe and be further developed from the original robot to make it more poseable, as with octane, i would like to see hasbro further developing this guy.

oh by the way....... worst robot ever, TFA 2 Pack Megatron - Junk that transforms back into Junk

Recent Purchases => TR Prime Optimus Maximus, Knight Morpher Cyclops, Bot Shots Battle for the Matrix, Steatlth Force Gears

Wants => TF Prime Deluxe Airachnid, FOC Wave 1

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I actually like G1 Jetfire myself too! Mine is in pretty good condition, and I've also got a few Macross versions... the VF-1S and the VF-1J being my favourites!

I love the Chunky Monkies!

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    If you pull the black tab on his back it should lock his torso into place so he stops spinning.

From tfwiki: Pressing the button "unlocks" the spinning mechanism; pull hard on the button, and you can lock the torso back into place.
    REALLY!!!? That redeems this ridiculous toy 100% to me! *merrily Plays with Classics two-pack Optimus Prime*

What..Toys we hated? Hmmm.....Beast Machines. I loved Beast Wars. So much. Then they went and stuffed it all up. I had purchased the Beast Machines toys before I ever saw the cartoon and enjoyed them, but after I wathced the cartoon, saw what they did I got rid of them. I could nop longer bear to look at Characters i loved being ruined like that. I hated that show so much I sold Transformers toys, something abominable to me!
    Wait...that's more hating a show than toys isn't it? Damn.
    Last edited by Tallestblue; 1st January 2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: ...this is a toy whe hate thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    My pick, would have to be that Spec Ed Optimus that came in the black box. The stupid spinning gimmick makes him always want to spin around when he is moved. I've had to blue tack his back to hold him in place.
    If you pull the black tab on his back it should lock his torso into place so he stops spinning.

From tfwiki: Pressing the button "unlocks" the spinning mechanism; pull hard on the button, and you can lock the torso back into place.
    hes not that bad once you get to know him. As demonstrated here, he can do all sorts of poses and has a pretty cool tommy gun!!

I was fiddling with my Legends figures yesterday and realised something... I actively dislike the Cybertron Soundwave figure, even the Legends version and the Blaster redeco.
    I can never get the jet nose into what I deem to be acceptable shape. And It doesn't even look like Soundwave/Blaster, apart from the coloured chest piece.
    The only redeeming feature for me is the little transformable dude.

I was fiddling with my Legends figures yesterday and realised something... I actively dislike the Cybertron Soundwave figure, even the Legends version and the Blaster redeco.
    I can never get the jet nose into what I deem to be acceptable shape. And It doesn't even look like Soundwave/Blaster, apart from the coloured chest piece.
    yep that Universe Blaster is one of my least favourite figures. I have a MISB one, but I flogged off a loose one on Ebay. Kind of looks like a psychadelic chicken and I'm not fan of robots with chicken legs.

Favourite Universe figure would probably be Onslaught.

I'm surprised your favourite Classics/Universe toy isn't Jetfire. He's pretty awesome. I don't like any of the Universe toys that are just repaints of pre-existing moulds like Blaster. The only ones I have are Dirge and Roadbuster which I got out of "necessity" rather than "choice" (i.e.: I couldn't get BotCon or Gentei Dirge so I settled for Universe Dirge, and of course he comes w/ Roadbuster).

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales
    Suicide Attack Laserbeak.

My favourite Classics toy is definitely Jetfire. I like how he has the option of wearing the Macross helmet or without for a more accurate G1 inspired look.

He is the toy we should have received 25 years ago.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One thing that has vexed Robotech fans is that they never released any transforming Veritech toys during the 1980s so some kids bought Jetfire to compensate (I know one guy who repainted his Jetfire into the colours of Skull-1; you know this person too Zed ).
    Technically you are wrong because they did release transforming veritech toys for Robotech - the Veritech Hovertank and Veritech Alpha Fighter, though these were from the Southern Cross and Mospeada parts of Robotech respectively rather than Macross part. Sucks to be anal doesn't it?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky