Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay KO more of them?

welcome to the Boards!

Yup, I too have shelved my intention of upgrading to an MIB Reflector...

Welcome to the boards. You can post a full introduction here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Cruncher View Post
    KO's drive me nuts - I think the worst is shockwave so hard to tell, was going to upload a comparison pic but cant find the manage attachments button/icon!
    To post a pic, you can use Imageshack. Just add [img] and [/img] before and after the URL so it displays the image. There are other methods as well.

The easiest way to tell if a Shockwave is a KO or not, is the screws. The KO has silver screws while the original has black ones. Also, the hose is shorter on the KO.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Welcome to the boards. You can post a full introduction here.

To post a pic, you can use Imageshack. Just add [img] and [/img] before and after the URL so it displays the image. There are other methods as well.

The easiest way to tell if a Shockwave is a KO or not, is the screws. The KO has silver screws while the original has black ones. Also, the hose is shorter on the KO.
    Thanks will do a shout out shortly. I have come accross old shockwaves that have had there screws replaced with new shiny ones and seen images of the knock offs where the screws 'appear' black or very dark. Hes a comple of comparisons - original in the small square bubbles

The other obvious tell with the above Shockwave is the purple gun barrel - the original Hasbro release had a grey barrel. Be aware though that there is a grey barrel KO doing the rounds as well.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Yeah but how many on ebay come loose without the barrel! Just another case of buyer beware and do your reseach before the last few mins of an auction!

I recently noticed a KO wheeljack sell for a 110 or something , don't have link atm but if you search completed you will see them.. I reported it but nothing will happen, I feel sorry for these people getting duped.. You used to be able to contact the buyer and give them a heads up but with the new privacy changes stopped that.

Many people were very grateful that I contacted them.

eBay are evil Corp headed by Dr. Evil. That became even truer when they tried on their paypal only bs. I remember they had a spokesperson on one of those morning shows and nobody including the presenter was buying into their argument.

Default Hum...I actually just bought two. lol

Hey guys, take it easy.

They won't fool anyone, KO is very easy to identify. Just look at these facts:

We take that KO Slag as example,

1, There is no G1 slag reissue, right?
    2, If there is one, it wont be in English box right?

3, This slag sells 60AUD, multiply by 6, which is 360 Chinese currency dollar. A same KO toy in China sells 160 Chinese dollars, so if you buy on ebay AU, you pay 200 chinese dollars for shipping (though it says freeshipping). It sounds reasonable 200 chinese dollar is roughly 30AUD. So airmail from HK, china they usually charge 30 bucks. You pay what you got. Of course the seller should tell people this is KO. I noticed he use "remake", but this is vague.

I am in china for holiday, I just bought two KOs, scourge and Sharkticon Gnaw. The quality is alright to play, but lower than original. Gnaw is very cute.

I sent a message to that seller in English to ask whether this is KO, just test his honesty.

My point here is, if you have a G1 slag but missing one leg, just buy a KO to screw his leg on. 60AUD is what you pay for that KO. If it is a re-issue, it won't be 60, and it will be in Japanese box (still, no confusion).

So as long as sellers don't use KO to cheat people, i think it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 浪子欣欣 View Post
    *runs for the hills*
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 浪子欣欣 View Post
    Matey, you may open up a can of worms on this topic haha. Numerous times KO's have been discussed.

*runs for the hills*
    Funny, I was going to say something similar
    Though to continue it "run for your livessssss"*

*Iron Maiden reference

The cassettes and Reflector have been around for a while now, however Springer and Sunstreaker are relatively new.
    When I first got my Reflector, I freaked - I thought that I had a KO as it has some differences to other Reflectors I had seen. Luckily I checked mine in the variations page (which went down when Geocities did) and it was just a variation rather than a KO.