Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay KO more of them?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    When I first got my Reflector, I freaked - I thought that I had a KO as it has some differences to other Reflectors I had seen. Luckily I checked mine in the variations page (which went down when Geocities did) and it was just a variation rather than a KO.
    I don't even know if mine is legit either. I think it is but I can't be sure. It's too late for me to take any photos, but what are the telltale signs?

When I first got my Reflector, I freaked - I thought that I had a KO as it has some differences to other Reflectors I had seen. Luckily I checked mine in the variations page (which went down when Geocities did) and it was just a variation rather than a KO.
    Is yours the Camera Robo Microx?

I'd be interested to hear what differences you found as an out of the box KO Reflector is difficult to tell apart from a real one.

The only differences that I know of are - factory stickers are not applied, and the missle tree is different.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Luckily I checked mine in the variations page (which went down when Geocities did) and it was just a variation rather than a KO.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Is yours the Camera Robo Microx?
    Kup's is just a variant of the original, not a KO. Though you are right that they are hard to tell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Kup's is just a variant of the original, not a KO. Though you are right that they are hard to tell apart.
    I wasn't referring to the KO Microx but rather this one which is legit.

There is a KO Microx; you are right, but it is only distinguishable with its english text packaging (the real one has japanese text).

Sorry if I wasn't clear
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

I wasn't referring to the KO Microx but rather this one.

There is a KO Microx; you are right, but it is only distinguishable with its english text packaging (the real one has japanese text).

Sorry if I wasn't clear
    Ah, my bad, I did not realise what you meant

It's been a couple of years since I did the verification so I can't remember but it is very subtle as the KO is supposed to be of very high quality and a close match. I can't be sure but I think the differences were more to do with screw types and subtle weapons detailing.

From what I recal there were two variations of a legit Hasbro/Takara released Reflector:

- With modified weapons that do not have any gaps like the one here

- With weapons that are identical to the original Microman release like this one

The legit Reflector variations only have their differences in their weapons, I think that the Japanese release of Reflector (for Transformers not Microman) was the one with the unmodified Diaclone weapons variant from what I remember.

The Microx (and KO) has the obvious difference of having a Microman sticker on Viewfinder while the real one says 'Reflector' on it but since its just a sticker it doesn't really count as proper verification.

I wish Geocities had not gone down or we would still be able to directly reference that variations page for more accurate information

I wasn't referring to the KO Microx but rather this one which is legit.
    As I mentioned, I have one of the two variations of the Transformers G1 released Reflector but I do not have the legit Microx release. However the version that i have is closer to the Microx release due to the weapons not being bloated but that's it.
    Last edited by kup; 7th January 2010 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks Kup. I'm a little worried about my shutter gun for Spectro.

I wanted to pose him in my cabinet holding his gun, but changed my mind later and removed it. The 'handle' snapped off into the peg hole

I bought a replacement on Ebay but the plastic quality seems different to the one I had (it seems lighter).

Any chance that you know how to tell if it is a fake?
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

I got the frst one, so does that mean I got Hasbro or Takara Version?

True about the stickers, you can't be too careful. But my (middle guy) has the rub symbol that has not been tampered with, so I would guess I got a legit one which is a relief.

Thanks Kup. I'm a little worried about my shutter gun for Spectro.

I wanted to pose him in my cabinet holding his gun, but changed my mind later and removed it. The 'handle' snapped off into the peg hole

I bought a replacement on Ebay but the plastic quality seems different to the one I had (it seems lighter).

If it seems lower quality, I'm only speculating, but it maybe a KO.

I am afraid that without consulting to the now gone Geocities verifications page, all that I can do is speculate.

A broken gun peg can happen to any version of Reflector, both legit and KO since the pegs are very thing while the weapons are very large. However I have dropped my Reflector I don't know how many times from the shelf and the guns have never broken.

After I broke one of my Darkwing gun pegs, I made a rule never to push a G1 gun too far into the peg hole - Only enough for him to hold it firmly. Thankfully I managed to secure a new gun at the Parra Fair.