Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay KO more of them?

Default Ebay KO more of them?

Man never thought they had so many KO. Didnt know they had springer, cassettes, Sunstreaker and even Reflector. Damn too scared to buy off ebay these days.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/xwr-1224__W0QQ_armrsZ1

The cassettes and Reflector have been around for a while now, however Springer and Sunstreaker are relatively new.

The best advice I can give is to avoid buying loose figures if you can because many of these are hard to spot when out-of-the-box if you aren't aware of the slight differences. If it's something you really want, request additional photos / information from the seller.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The cassettes and Reflector have been around for a while now, however Springer and Sunstreaker are relatively new.

The best advice I can give is to avoid buying loose figures if you can because many of these are hard to spot when out-of-the-box if you aren't aware of the slight differences. If it's something you really want, request additional photos / information from the seller.
    good advice. very often you can't even tell they are KO by looking at photos of loose specimens. You'd have to physically hold them to tell, but by then, it would be too late.

Unless the loose figure has some form of minor aging or play wear. But I've heard that some KO sellers artificially age their toys on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Unless the loose figure has some form of minor aging or play wear. But I've heard that some KO sellers artificially age their toys on purpose.
    I have heard that also, and would not even be suprised if they did that. They just want to sell their cheap cr@p KO's and don't care about who buys it. They would have caught on that people would look for signs of aging, normally that's what I would look for. Even in this day and age we have to be careful of that as well.

so now buyers can't even get a mint toy without feeling secured that its not a KO. They have to settled for an 'aged' toy, which still might be a KO in the end.

Man, this KO BS is f**k up.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    so now buyers can't even get a mint toy without feeling secured that its not a KO. They have to settled for an 'aged' toy, which still might be a KO in the end.

Man, this KO BS is f**k up.
    Yea, kinda makes me not want to buy figures anymore for the simple fact it could turn out to be fake.

I've also heard that dishonest sellers artificially age the KO's to make them look more legit, but this mostly applies with the boxes and cardbacks. If they don't sell, then they are removed from the packaging to make it harder to tell if it's fake or not.

It used to be that I would avoid buying from China, but obviously the more KO's these counterfeiters make and sell, the more chance there is of bootlegged toys making their way into the hands of the unaware, and honest sellers no matter which country you buy from.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

yeah, KOs have found their way to most of Asia, the US and surprisingly even the UK. It's appalling the number of "MIB Reflectors" UK sellers seem to be selling when I last looked a couple of months ago.

KO's drive me nuts - I think the worst is shockwave so hard to tell, was going to upload a comparison pic but cant find the manage attachments button/icon! When I started collecting I wanted a MIB Refletor but that dream went long ago

Hey this is my first post! Awesome!