Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Botcon exclusives revealed?

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Final Botcon exclusives revealed?

Armada Blurr repaint with a remolded head, and a Sideswipe, which is a green and grey Armada Wheeljack repaint.

Source at TF2005. The same guy who revealed the Boxset exclusive before the official announcement.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vealed-164375/

Disappointed? I am. I was expecting at least a few more Decepticons to even out the odds. Now we get Blurr and Sideswipe/Wheeljack? I would have been happy with any Decepticons at this point...

The other rumored BotCon 2008 souvenir toys are Megatron (Energon Megatron repaint with a remolded head) and Rodimus (Classics Rodimus repaint including a beard).

At least Megatron will sell like hotcakes, right?

Armada Wheeljack repainted as Sideswipe makes sense as that mould always had a Sideswipe feel to it. Hopefully the Blurr remould has an actual Blurr head that'd be cool.

Given last year's set was heavily Decepticon focused I'm not surprised that this year's got the opposite, even if they are Evil Autobots.

I think last year's (and maybe the year before) gave people great expectations of the Botcon toys. These are still IMHO better than a lot of the earlier exclusive repaint toys.

anyway, the news isn't complete, both attendee exclusive figures should also be coming along with their minicon partners

Someone on another site said Blurr with a remolded head would make a good Tracks. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hopefully the Blurr remould has an actual Blurr head that'd be cool.
    check out cybertron Blurr, they already did that, awesome remold IMO a must buy.

I wonder if they will use the Blurr body as Blurr, as the Cyberton Blurr had a head that was damn close to Blurr (say that really fast). The Sideswipe would work well, but green an grey? Thats more like Wheeljack than Sideswipe. Would quite like to see the Rodimus repaint. I love facial "hair" in transformers for some reason..

Apparently it's seven autobots and seven decepticons according to the Seibertron article here:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...ic.php?t=36692

Armada figures are crappy figures. At this point, I really don't think I care about the attendee figures. Other than Megatron but that too will depend on colour scheme.

Megatron is also the only one that excites me. I dig both modes of that figure.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Apparently it's seven autobots and seven decepticons according to the Seibertron article here:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...ic.php?t=36692

Armada figures are crappy figures. At this point, I really don't think I care about the attendee figures. Other than Megatron but that too will depend on colour scheme.
    7 a side hey?

Guess that means we should expect to hear about alot of Scout Class figures being repainted?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    7 a side hey?

Guess that means we should expect to hear about alot of Scout Class figures being repainted?
    I'm more worried about a lot of them being Mini-cons.