Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "I've made a huge mistake"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    $10 Cyclonus, Starscream, Ramjet. Nah I won't buy any of those. D'oh!
    $10 G2 Dinobots? I'll just buy one. Sigh.
    my minimal intelligence does not understand joke, explain

Those are two of my big mistakes, passing them up so cheap back in the day.

Definitely go back for them, Gutsman. They're my among my favourite toys now. I agree with Kup's list and would only add Terrorsaur as the other one who is hard to find. He's the only one from the first season I'm missing. The other notables I'm missing are Optimal Optimus & X-9 Ravage.

Try liqdeal on eBay for Megatron dragon. I knocked it off him for about $35USD IIRC. He still has it from time to time along with gigastorm (Trypticon repaint). They appear sporadically but sell fast.

Also you might want to try this:
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...ail&picture=in

Shipping is about $100 USD. Together it works out to be about $24 a figure IIRC which is decent for very show accurate figures. I've been wanting that for awhile but have stuck with what I already have.

The other bet is running beast wars searches on eBay. Often enough, people are selling BWs figures off in lots that go for about $100 USD with 10-16 loose figures in them. Real deal. I picked up a fair few of my BWs that way.

thanks for the link STL that looks like a good place to start, plus I never had a Blackarachnia!

My biggest mistake was passing up a MISB Fortress Maximus and I had enough cash in my wallet at the time to get it there and then. *kicks self in the janglies*

A few years back I sold a boxed Reflector, G1 Megatron, most of the gold boxed G1 Autobot cars and a Grimlock. My complete Seacons and Monstructor... Soooo yeah

I have the card backs for Montructor but I havent been able to find the robots so I think they went.

I also sold my Metroplex box and scampers gun a a few parts, it took ages and cost a fortune to replace the parts and I still don't have a box.

My biggest mistake and Ive already told this to Gok before was passing up buying the Japanese versions of Monstructor being sold in a local Department store yeaaars ago, I havent seen Victory yet on Star TV. I was aware of Monstructor but of the Hasbro version - monster shells not dinos. I thought they were ridiculous KOs ( back then the term was bootleg) since they had different shells to begin with and the colors weren't what I knew so passed them up even though they sold dead cheaper. I thought they were "bootlegs" coz I had a bootleg reflector (still with me) so I am aware of cheap imitations and didnt want em. Yes even the store didn't know how valuable I guess their floor stock really is. Well after a month I saw the Victory episodes on Star TV and my jaw just dropped Doh!! Went back to the store when I had enough disposable cash but by then there was nothing but new toys on sale.

Also made similar mistake of passing up pretenders when they went for sale from a local toy shop ( nova Fontana - back in Phils - its bankcrupt now) coz the packagings were waterlogged due to the location of their warehouse got flooded. They were selling em cheap for Php. 150 each ( divide by 31 to get AU$$ equivalent) - some of the screws may have rusting, the boxes have tears and water damage, but darn they were all complete inside with the plastic bubble keeping them intact, sigh went and bought AM Prime and Megsy first and thought , meh I dont want these bricks ( pretenders) and thought the innerbots were ugly as. NOW Im trying to complete the darn things as Splashdown and Groundbreaker are the only ones left to find and terribly expensive to get complete. This happened at the height of Beast Wars hence they sold cheap thinking its not the craze anymore and the stock would not get sold if we sold em for near as new price.... but someone did grab em as they were all gone in 3 weeks tops. there was a whole TRU shelf space of em too. But I did manage to get Chainclaw and Catilla ( my very first 2 pretenders TF ever).
    Last edited by liegeprime; 5th July 2009 at 01:43 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I've actually since gotten my hands on some of those warehouse-flooded Pretenders, from a seller in the Philippines. No boxes, backing card had some water damage but the toys were perfect. The (eBay) seller also had one or two AMs. I believe 1orion2many also bought some, I believe. Must've been a big warehouse!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

As some may know, I'm partial to the occasional Beast As a few of the guys have pointed out, its only a few choice items that are going to be difficult to get, the rest can be found around the traps with not too much drama.

I've got everything except the Jap 10th anniversary packed away, but I can highly reccomend those figures, the paint apps are as close as we're going to see, unless we get Masterpiece Beast Wars figures in the years to come

Also try to get a Hard Hero Rhinox statue. The thing is beautiful! And it makes me sad that the line got cancelled after just 1 model

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

My biggest mistake. Which I guess isn't really my mistake but I still feel crap about it (and I'm sure many other people feel the same)

Is that all my childhood transformer toys were thrown/given away by my parents because I stopped playing with them.

In fact, I do have a real mistake. When i was in year 4 I gave away my G1 Scattorshot to a friend for his birthday because I wanted him to be my best friend

Damn U Giles Broughton, I want my Scattorshot back!

Lesson learnt: Don't have best friends!