Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: January '08 Acquisitions

Whheeeeee! Birthdays are great! Except that I am catching up to 1orion2many in years now......

Anyhoo, got me some Ratchet and Ironhide goodies, movie Payload and Dropkick and a really handy tabletop tripod, which I put to good use for those linked pics.

I really like Dropkick. His bio is funny all he wants to do is sit in the dark and be angry! LOL. Someone at Hasbro is having fun! I like the toy too. Has some nice extra details like the swivelly bits on the feet and hydraulics molded behind his knees. Only complaints are the insect legs, which although it does make him look alien and they are good for balance, getting them even is a pain in the butt and the other one being his stupid capture claw. It's too damn large!!!!

Payload is alright. My one seems to be lacking in glue-power though. The truck grill comes off, as well as the centre piece of his claw, oh and his head comes off easy too. Easily fixed, but annoying, since they should be properly affixed in the first place (where's your quality control Hasbro?!?!? I have been wondering this for sometime now actually...). The claw is far too long as well. Makes displaying him on a crowded shelf tricky. Nice toy aside from that. Funny too as he works for ASS.

I like Ratchet and Ironhide better than I thought I would. The toys aren't really all that good, but there is a definite charm they have over me and I certainly don't regret getting them. The cardboard heads are pretty funky, but after I put the stickers on, I just love the character the original stickers give and so the cardboard heads went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I like Ratchet and Ironhide better than I thought I would. The toys aren't really all that good
    Be honest, they're cŪ@p

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    but there is a definite charm they have over me and I certainly don't regret getting them. The cardboard heads are pretty funky, but after I put the stickers on, I just love the character the original stickers give and so the cardboard heads went away.
    I do like them, there is a charm to the odd nature of these guys. As piloted mecha, they're not actually any worse than the other Diaclone based figures in the same series - it just translates poorly compared to the others. I like them as an interpretation of the Diaclone line, even though that does hurt them as Transformers.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Wow. That's very nice work, Gutsman. That's a very hard piece to find at a decent price plus with box too. How much did it set you back if u don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Wow. That's very nice work, Gutsman. That's a very hard piece to find at a decent price plus with box too. How much did it set you back if u don't mind me asking?
    $111.39 inc postage from USA. Not exactly cheap but I've wanted him ever since I get back into Transformers, one of my grails, so I'm stoked.

well i went back to the toy kingdom we all love best, and scored another RID spychanger, this time W.A.R.S

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Got this today thanks to the_Damned:

And hey kyle! I have the Nintendo DS R4 Revolution thingy too! It's great, you can stored so many games in one cartridge!
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    well i went back to the toy kingdom we all love best, and scored another RID spychanger, this time W.A.R.S
    Are these the Tiny Tin versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Are these the Tiny Tin versions?
    Nope, nope. Just the normal RiD versions. Different paints to the tiny tins

Are they the semi-transparent ones then? I get all confused by the Gobots/Spychangers. Have any other toys been rereleased as much in the English speaking market??

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Are they the semi-transparent ones then? I get all confused by the Gobots/Spychangers. Have any other toys been rereleased as much in the English speaking market??
    Yep, they're the semi-transparent ones.

I'm gonna say the Armada Deluxe Prime version has seen a heap of releases. Energon, Cybertron, RiD Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime/Scourge. That or the G2 Cyberjets have been remoulded and resized enough times