Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW's Last Stand of the Wreckers

Can't wait for issue 2

Actually IDW should consider giving the wreckers an ongoing series. Maybe even naming them as Wreckers war journals/Classified data.

I would prefer IDW doing more stories about the status quo around the universe than just focusing on Earth

Best comic in over 18 months.

Well written with a great blend of serious and one liners, some good characters (helps that the best Kup stuff is ALL Roche), and art that easily lets you recognize who is who throughout the entire issue without relying on little character name bubbles.

Art might not be as detailed as others but it works for the story and Roche style allows for the expressions he needs to help give his characters...well character.

Nice setup issue, with a few nice "I wonder where this is going?" points at the end of the issue.

Cant wait another four weeks for issue #2.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Comic is looking good, set in the previous IDW verse before it rebooted I see. Too bad about Sky Quake, he got offed quick just like Clench, those European exclusive Transformers always get the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Art is beautiful too, very easy to tell who is who.

Before Bayformers the above was never a factor but now it seems like a luxury
    Well yeah, except when the Marvel comic ocasionly miscoloured the seekers, oh and the casettes, and Prowl and Bluestreak, Ironhide, Ratchet, Brawn, Sizzle, Fizzle etc.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 31st January 2010 at 09:23 PM.

Looks like Impactor will be making a return!

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...rinting/17773/

I'm don't know much about the Wreckers (They seem to be a TF UK creation...) but I liked this issue. The tech spec at the back brought back memories of the old Marvel comics

I'm going to look up Wreckers in the TF wiki now.

Count on IDW to spoil their own comic with its front cover. <Is there a 'shakes head' emoticon?>

The variant cover is just enlarged art from the final page of the comic, sans background... Having another alt cover will help sales, all the comic completionists will have to get a third issue!

Still nice to hear that Wreckers #1 has a second printing, hopefully the numbers will stay up for the series to show IDW what type of series the fans prefer.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Evrytime I hear that name I think constipation hehehhe. Is LSoTW a limited series? Im hoping to just wait for the TPB...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This is one of the reasons I really liked the UK comic as a kid, characters like Impactor, Xaaron and the storylines involving them. So much better than the US comic in my opinion.

I haven't bought a comic in years, but I may pick these issues up.

At first I was puzzled by Overlord's persona, being so different from what we saw in Super-God Masterforce. Yes I know it's a different universe, but the Transformers are still in-character with their core personality types (just existing in a different reality). But then I realised -- this is Hasbro's Overlord, not Takara's!! He lives up to his Hasbro tech specs bio quite well!

Now that is pretty frik-kin' sweet.