Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW's Last Stand of the Wreckers

Default IDW's Last Stand of the Wreckers

Written, and illustrated by the talented Nick Roche.
    Issue #1 is due out on the 27th of January (give or take a day or two), with a five page preview at Comic Book Resources.

Colour me impressed, and not just because of the inclusion of the Predator Jets. Can't wait to get my paws on the entire issue.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Written, and illustrated by the talented Nick Roche.
    Issue #1 is due out on the 27th of January (give or take a day or two), with a five page preview at Comic Book Resources.

Colour me impressed, and not just because of the inclusion of the Predator Jets. Can't wait to get my paws on the entire issue.
    As soon as I saw Skyquake and the Predator jets in the pages they released a while back, I knew surely Stalker would turn up. WOOHOO! And Rotorstorm too! Very much looking forward to reading this.

Well... that was awesome. Five pages in and Overlord is already the most interesting bad guy in ten years.

Last Stand Of The Wreckers? "I think I'm going to like it".

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Well... that was awesome. Five pages in and Overlord is already the most interesting bad guy in ten years.

Last Stand Of The Wreckers? "I think I'm going to like it".
    Personally I love how easily he takes out Skyquake, then Fortress Maximus. Can't wait to find out what his plans for Garrus 9 are/were.

Art is beautiful too, very easy to tell who is who.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Art is beautiful too, very easy to tell who is who.
    Before Bayformers the above was never a factor but now it seems like a luxury

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Before Bayformers the above was never a factor but now it seems like a luxury

Ill wait for the TPB. I dont like to read cliffhangers
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Overlord is mean. He took advantage of Skyquake's Gold plastic syndrome.

Some linkies for you all:
    Facebook Page
    Hutch's Wreckers Logo (from the awesome Trevor Hutchison)

Cant wait to get this issue!

As expected, this was good. It's a shame we'd already read the first five pages, as it somewhat diminishes the reading experience that those awesome pages weren't 'new'. The new Wreckers are great, particularly Ironfist, who's an online Wreckers fanboy (and there's also what is possibly an in-joke about Twin-Twist and Topspin's confused Tech Specs mixup in the eighties. And the Autobots have their own wiki [Autopedia], too.) Kick-Off lives up to his Tech-Specs bio and may or may not already be an Action Master, which is interesting. I'm looking forward to finding out exactly what his 'reward' was (that is, I'm hoping it's completely unrelated to the final page of the book.) At this point it's not clear that Verity is necessary for the story, but at least she's not AHM Spike. There are also a few Furmanesque/fan/made-up/generic Transformers, which is weird - since they had no problem killing Skyquake in this issue, why do they need to kill Wingblazer and Borehole instead of some other Euro exclusives? The art is great, although the changes in inker are jarring - it goes back and forth from Roche and Wycough through the issue.

Still, bring on issue #2!
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 30th January 2010 at 12:55 PM.