Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Twist Ties on figures

Default New Twist Ties on figures

Finally, a change in twist ties holding the transformers in place inside the boxes.

A New Twist with Transformers Twist-Ties

I really hated the ones they have been using for years. At least these ones will be easier to cut with scissors.

Not really a concern for me (being a mint-in-box collector)... this however -

Q: Are you guys looking into moving away from using so many twist ties?
    A: We are looking to move away from them and moving towards smaller packaging which is more biodegradable. In the future you’ll see smaller packages with Tam, which is easier to cut and biodegradable.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Easier to cut but I feel its gonna be much harder to untie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Easier to cut but I feel its gonna be much harder to untie.
    they are harder to untie I had them in the nest 2-pack, nebular starscream also has them.

This is good news. Twist ties were terrible not just because they were very hard to remove but also potentially damaged the paint or caused scratches in some figures.

They are dangerous too, in more than a couple of occations one has gone under my nail or poked me causing some slight bleeding while removing them.

I remember the twist ties in the 6 inch titanium figures that were near impossible to untie, and trying to get scissors or a blade in to cut them caused damage to the pantjob.

Glad to see them getting phased out.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    This is good news. Twist ties were terrible not just because they were very hard to remove but also potentially damaged the paint or caused scratches in some figures.

I agree that there was a potential to damage the paint since sometimes they are put on so tight that with the slightest movement of the figure whilst in transit can result in scraping and paintwear in the areas (especially where they wrap around a sharp angle).

As for being difficult to remove, I never really had this problem as I am used to using a pair of angled wire cutters and just simply snip them off.

Nonetheless, I think it's a change for the better, not just for the environment, but us collectors in general (with the exception of those that want to keep the packaging in order to re-place the figures back in at a later date).

I can still remeber the horror upon opening my Energon Unicron. it must have been 2 kilos of twist ties keeping it in place, sheesh, and I didnt have wire cutters back then took me ages to get rid of it all. Good move on Hasbro.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Does biodegradable, in this case, mean "in our lifetime", or "in just a few years"? I can see MISB collectors going mental when they start to come loose
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Does biodegradable, in this case, mean "in our lifetime", or "in just a few years"? I can see MISB collectors going mental when they start to come loose
    I was thinking the same thing. I think it may be fine as long as they stay in the box (which they would )

I can't imagine that they would deteriorate in the box.