Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 103113118119120121122123124125126127128133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Also take note Emmy's Award Committee because this series and Karl Urban are deserving of nominations.

BTW I've so far identified that:

7. Starlight = I'm yet to place her

Keep in mind I am talking about appearance and powers. Definitely not personality.
    From what I read of her powers she's probably a Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel type. There's a member of the Legion of Superheroes with similar powers too but she's much more obscure

I loved Mythbusters and all, but having three spin-off shows on TV here at about the same time (and re-runs of the original show) is a bit much.

Mythbusters Junior - features about 6 teenagers (re)testing myths with Adam as the main host (produced this year, so is the newest of the three shows, but no word on a second series yet).

Mythbusters The Search - a mini-series of mostly old myths to find new hosts for the "new" show, from a field of about 12, with one being eliminated most episodes. (no original cast involved - filmed 2 years ago, and it looks like they've already done two seasons of the new regular show with the new hosts, but nothing this year, so maybe it ended?)

White Rabbit Project - has the 3 original "Build Team" secondary hosts (Grant, Tory, Kari), produced by Netflix about 3 years ago, but doesn't appear to have gone beyond one series.

One show to check out for a laugh is "8 out of 10 cats does Countdown", on SBS a couple night per week.
    It is a UK show, which has the comedy team from the show "8 out of 10 cats" (a comedy game show about statistics), doing the game-show "Countdown" (usually a serious game about words and numbers). It's been on for a few months now, and SBS have just started showing episodes of the original "8 out of 10 cats" on Tuesday nights as well... but I think their Countdown show is better.

preview for 'the mandalorian' star wars series:

Recently finished watching The Loudest Voice (starring Russell Crowe and Naomi Watts). It's about Roger Ailes, the filthy psychopath who turned Fox News into the horrid Goebbels power that it is today. The price the greedy Murdochs pay for letting this bully into their bed is all the p%#$ and s!@* stains all over the sheets that they'll never be able to cover up and it serves them right. There's now going to be a movie as well.

Just finished watching Plastic Crack on Amazon. Very interesting series. There’s also a very cool Transformers collection.

Arrowverse. I am not familiar with lore or stories. Dont read the comics or anything.

Green Arrow: The best of the shows but lack any heroes with actual super powers. The character portrays like a batman figure with lost parents fighting crime. Some things are not thought out with GA shooting an arrow in the middle of nothing and swinging away. What has the arrow hit?! Some of the fight scenes could have been better choroed.

Flash: Deals with more super powers and threats. Cgi could be better. Season four was very comical with a lot of humour. Toned down in season five with a better balance. GA is darker so they wanted this to be lighter in tone and more fun. Second best show.

Legends of Tomorrow: Time travel fun. More out there and unique as it visits different periods in time. Again cgi can be better. The boss fight at the end of season four with the totems is very surprising. Its a bit quirky but i like that.

Supergirl: Deals with a lot of space threats which i didnt know existed in lore. Cgi needs work like the other series. Its hard to create threats to rival supergirl.

Pros: fun tv shows, most of the real world translations work. The crossover between shows makes it feel like a bigger universe.

Cons: cgi needs work, fight scenes can be lacking where people just jump up after the main fight is done or stand around ready to be whacked. Some stupid things like arrow shooting flying fox arrows with nothing attached at the end. So its more like a swing..? The crossovers are hard to follow unless you watch in order but watching series by series can be disjointed. I watched part two in Arrow then part four in Legends etc as I watched Arrow first.

Overall passable and pleasant to watch ignoring some of the shoddy cgi scenes. Marvel tv shows were drawn out but were better.
    Last edited by Autocon; 21st September 2019 at 01:22 AM.

The Arrowverse crossovers are good but trying to watch them in order is hard to actually do. One of the upcoming one's has some great cameo coming. I won't say who just in case you don't want it spoiled.

Watch DC Titans for a darker hero series, and is quite good. Doom Patrol is a spin off show for that too.

Watched Good Omens, The Boys, and now Disenchantment part 2. So far so good.

Ah yes it slipped my mind, edited with crossovers now mentioned.

The boys is what i really want to see. Hopefully the dvd rental store is still there when its released.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Ah yes it slipped my mind, edited with crossovers now mentioned.

The boys is what i really want to see. Hopefully the dvd rental store is still there when its released.
    If you side with Team Iron Man then you'll love The Boys. But if you're more for Team Captain America then......it's best you decide.

I loved The Boys. Cannot wait for second season. Some recogniseable faces too. Being Team Iron Man or Team Cap to me makes little difference.