Page 20 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    the hardcore pawn guys shit me a bit... damned squeezers. i like the guys in pawn stars a little better.
    I love the crazys that rock up into that store. That alone makes it watchable. Working retail, it's something I can relate to, obviously it would be worse if he had a TV crew in the shop. (shudders)

I have no idea how a family run/ owned business still allows childish fighting all the time as that show portrays. Then it IS reality TV so it's probably scripted, much like Pawn Stars has scripted parts in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I'm a huge fan of American Pickers and Hardcore Pawn Those are the only shows I watch on TV
    I love watching those shows, watch them whenever I am at home, or remember it's on

It's amazing some of the stuff they find.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Should give this a go its called Danger 5
    My dad has been telling me to watch that show, he says it's great.

Lately I watched Community Season 1 and 2, and could not stop laughing. Love that show. Can't wait to get season 3

Guys.

Archer.

It's so good it's approaching the... danger zone!

Just like the gypsy woman said.

Seriously though, watch this. The banter is sublime.

Archer is golden.

S3 of community makes me sad, wtf happened!?

Bought series one of Lars von Trier's The Kingdom. Very excited to get stuck into this one. Here's Amazon's brief write-up on it:

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    The Kingdom defies categorization. This cult Danish miniseries plays like a nightmarish cross between Twin Peaks and Chicago Hope as directed by David Cronenberg, and even that hardly captures the giddy absurdity of Lars von Trier's soap-opera-cum-horror-tale. The setting is a modern hospital built on a medieval graveyard, but the most terrifying ghosts belong not to ancient history but rather to the hospital's own dark past. An egotistical, self-righteous visiting Swedish doctor, who abhors the Danes and screams his outrage in nightly rants from the hospital roof, presides over this ensemble of eccentrics; but he's hardly the strangest this hospital has to offer. ER has nothing on this delirious madhouse, where haunted ambulances, a Masonic cult, a devil cabal, demons, ghosts, and a most mysterious pregnancy lurk in the fringes of more earthly (though equally bizarre) melodramas. Shooting in video with a bobbing handheld camera, von Trier creates an otherworldly atmosphere with the dimly lit corridors and bland, drained color schemes, set to an eerily sparse soundtrack of echoing hospital sounds and electronic wailings. The mix of deadpan hysteria and spooky ghost story concludes with the most outrageous cliffhanger put on film (to be continued in The Kingdom II). (The home video also includes closing comments by a smiling von Trier himself, unseen in the theatrical version.) Simply put, you've never seen anything quite like this. --Sean Axmaker

My wife started watching American Horror Story... It's a bit too wierd and creepy for me.

On a lighter note we got 3 seasons of Modern Family a couple of weeks ago and have just started season 3. I love Ed O'Neils dry wit. Only problem is there are too many funny one liners to remember
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I love the crazys that rock up into that store. That alone makes it watchable. Working retail, it's something I can relate to, obviously it would be worse if he had a TV crew in the shop. (shudders)

I have no idea how a family run/ owned business still allows childish fighting all the time as that show portrays. Then it IS reality TV so it's probably scripted, much like Pawn Stars has scripted parts in it.
    I still watch all of them if they're on.
    it's pretty much pawn stars
    hardcore pawn
    american pickers
    swamp people ,if i get stuck.
    jail
    cops
    adult only cops. (any reality cop shows, or if there is any chance of a tazing i'll watch it)
    i can't stomach those repo shows
    and now, game of thrones is the one i hang out for . looking forward to seeing some (deserving) heads rolling... (though i think it will be a while) ,good guys are getting knocked off left ,right and centre.
    Last edited by Slag; 19th April 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: missed a verb

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I still watch all of them if they're on.
    it's pretty much pawn stars
    hardcore pawn
    american pickers
    swamp people ,if i get stuck.
    jail
    cops
    adult only cops. (any reality cop shows, or if there is any chance of a tazing i'll watch it)
    i can't stomach those repo shows
    and now, game of thrones is the one i hang out for . looking forward to some (deserving) heads rolling... (though i think it will be a while) ,good guys are getting knocked off left ,right and centre.
    lol yep thats the only reason I watch cop shows, a good tazing always brings a smile

Finished watching the first season of The Kingdom last night (4 X 4hr eps) and it is totally freakin' epic!! It's definitely Denmark's answer to Twin Peaks albeit with more humour and a style reminiscent of Peter Jackson's early films. I love the little segments with the two down syndrome kids shown every now and again, their inclusion is so bizarre yet such a stroke of brilliance!

What is really strange though...I started watching The Kingdom (keeping in mind this is a show about a ****ed up hospital) the same night I actually ended up in hospital due to back/chest probs. If the hospital wasn't so well lit it would have been a pretty freaky experience!! I hope that doesn't mean the next time I watch Rec someone starts boarding up my house and...Okay, gettin paranoid now.

Just finish Walking Dead over the long weekend... pretty good series, cant wait for S3

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I've been watching a rip of Knight Rider recently - man i loved that show as a kid! But the reason i'm posting is, does anyone remember a similar show or movie that had a motorbike as the main character (that also spoke like KITT)? It's been bugging the shit out of me for years and i've never been able to remember it, watched it maybe once with a friend eons ago!
    Street hawk?