Page 30 of 136 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Only 1 season left, hold out for a complete set.
    From what I know they're planing on a season 7 as well. To tell the whole story.

Hmm, not sure if i like that, the show seems be be coming to a head, hate to see it dragged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Hmm, not sure if i like that, the show seems be be coming to a head, hate to see it dragged out.
    I thought the same thing. But 7 seasons is what they wanted from the start I believe. So I guess if that's the case, they have the story content to pull it off. After that though, I just think it'd become silly.

So I just finished watching Battlestar Galactica, the re-imagined series recently and I thought it was brilliant television despite the somewhat over-reliance on religious undertrones. The characters are so real, the space battles are breathtakingly epic and the dialogue is so well done. Yes there were a few dodgy episodes but overall I really enjoyed the series.

So I decided to watch the prequel show that came out after, 'Caprica'.

And my gods, IT IS BORING. SO FREAKING BORING.

Most of the characters are unlikeable and there isn't much to relate to them - heck even young Bill Adama seems like a brat despite becoming a badass leader in BSG. I think what one of the major mistakes that this series made was that it took itself WAY too seriously unlike Battlestar. Yes Battlestar may have had overly corny moments at times there were also many moments when the show had fun with itself as well.

I guess it's one of those things writers and filmmakers should consider when trying to create a story, not to take yourself so seriously that you forget to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So I just finished watching Battlestar Galactica, the re-imagined series recently and I thought it was brilliant television despite the somewhat over-reliance on religious undertrones. The characters are so real, the space battles are breathtakingly epic and the dialogue is so well done. Yes there were a few dodgy episodes but overall I really enjoyed the series.

So I decided to watch the prequel show that came out after, 'Caprica'.

And my gods, IT IS BORING. SO FREAKING BORING.

Most of the characters are unlikeable and there isn't much to relate to them - heck even young Bill Adama seems like a brat despite becoming a badass leader in BSG. I think what one of the major mistakes that this series made was that it took itself WAY too seriously unlike Battlestar. Yes Battlestar may have had overly corny moments at times there were also many moments when the show had fun with itself as well.

I guess it's one of those things writers and filmmakers should consider when trying to create a story, not to take yourself so seriously that you forget to have fun.
    I got the BSG box set for Christmas after having seen none of it or the original series and I'm loving it so far, but I'm only just getting toward the end of the second season - one of the mates that recommended it to me says it gets a little bit like Lost, but in space (not to be confused with Lost in Space).

The religious undertones are annoying me a lot - I'm here for the space opera, the dogfights and the space carrier fighter pilot life, not your crazy prophecy crap lady.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I got the BSG box set for Christmas after having seen none of it or the original series and I'm loving it so far, but I'm only just getting toward the end of the second season - one of the mates that recommended it to me says it gets a little bit like Lost, but in space (not to be confused with Lost in Space).

The religious undertones are annoying me a lot - I'm here for the space opera, the dogfights and the space carrier fighter pilot life, not your crazy prophecy crap lady.
    Your mate is basically right about the last two seasons, though the final 3 episodes are KICKASS

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Just use the time to catch up or rewatch other stuff. I've been rewatching The Walking Dead and getting annoyed by Dale, the kid and Lori all over again.
    you would like S3 then.

That was just fan service they did to us, but in the comic it was so much better the way they approached it.

I was given a Sanity gift voucher for Christmas, went to use it yesterday and found the Complete Series of Earth 2

Such an amazing show that had some great foundation, I guess there wasnt the audience for it at the time

Default Arrow

I've started watching a new TV Show called Arrow. So far I can't get enough of it. It's amazing And to top it off it has a comic been done with it side by side. To fill in some of the back story of other characters and such.

Anyone else seen any of it?