Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6676818283848586878889909196106 ... LastLast

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    Ash VS Evil Dead..... if you liked Army of Darkness, you'll dig this! Groovy! lol
    YES! I completely forgot to mention this. I'm loving it because it's so faithful to the movies. My wife however does not get it because she's never seen them.

While the reboot movie was pretty good, this show is how it should have been done.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There was some CGI thing they used to show on Nine (or Go) late at night. Pretty sure that was aimed at an older audience

What you need to do is find the original Batman The Animated Series from the 90s. There was the best Batman cartoon ever, enjoyable for teens and adults, and bonus Batman and Joker have the same voices as in Arkham Asylum.
    Will do. What happened to Zoo I missed a few episodes and now its no longer on tv, did it end?

Also is there going ot be a season 2 of the last ship I liked that

I've just started watching Batman The Animated Series.
    Very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Bartrim; 13th November 2015 at 10:56 PM.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Well watched Batman beyond and The Batman lately, I wish they would make a batman cartoon like assault on arkahm (aimed at teens/adults)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There was some CGI thing they used to show on Nine (or Go) late at night. Pretty sure that was aimed at an older audience

What you need to do is find the original Batman The Animated Series from the 90s. There was the best Batman cartoon ever, enjoyable for teens and adults, and bonus Batman and Joker have the same voices as in Arkham Asylum.
    Beware The Batman is the CGI show. Caught an episode or 2 on tv so went out and bought the dvds. Is aimed at an older audience. Probably why it got canned. Was actually good we thought.

And if you want dark Batman stuff, might I suggest The Dark Knight Returns cartoon movie. They separated it into 2 parts but you can track down a release that put it back together. You'll notice alot of references of this Frank Miller story in the upcoming movie. Kinda why I am excited for the live action movie because this comic story is just brutally awesome. And Year One is also another Frank Miller story, great cartoon and worth watching too.

And another dark comic that is being made into a cartoon movie is The Killing Joke. It is the origin story of the Joker and it is quite quite brutal. And topping it off, they've given it a go ahead for an R rating, only way it can be done if you've read the comic. And if that ain't enough, Conroy and Hamill will reprise their iconic roles. Hamill, while retired from the Joker, always said he would come back for this role. Tim Burton, and a number others, have cited this story as inspirations.

Sorry for the essays, but I am a massive Batman fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I've just started watch The Batman too.

Very enjoyable.
    I keep missing it. DC succeed really know how to do good cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post

And another dark comic that is being made into a cartoon movie is The Killing Joke. It is the origin story of the Joker and it is quite quite brutal. And topping it off, they've given it a go ahead for an R rating, only way it can be done if you've read the comic. And if that ain't enough, Conroy and Hamill will reprise their iconic roles. Hamill, while retired from the Joker, always said he would come back for this role. Tim Burton, and a number others, have cited this story as inspirations.

I have been really getting into Batman after playing Arkham Knight.

I am so pumped for The Killing Joke movie. I'm hoping they make an animated movie based on the Hush storyline next. Under the Red Hood is probably my favourite animated Batman flick.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I have been really getting into Batman after playing Arkham Knight.

I am so pumped for The Killing Joke movie. I'm hoping they make an animated movie based on the Hush storyline next. Under the Red Hood is probably my favourite animated Batman flick.
    I loved all the Arkham games. Even though the panned Origins, mostly for the controls, the story was great. When Knight was coming, I played through Origins Asylum and City all again. I love that the games all have massive references to the comics all through them. Knight was a little dissapointing due to the heavy reliance on the Batmobile, but storywise again it was just awesome. Wish they went with Jean Paul Valley as Azrael, but he was the old comics while Michael is the new Azrael.

Speaking of which, I would love to see Knightfall done as a cartoon movie, or 3 because of how damn long it is. Probably my favourite Batman stories of all time, which I was reading the TPB only to realise it is missing a massive amount of comics. So I am on the hunt for the ones I need to complete the story. Damn these publishers for having a great story arc spanning a number of comic titles

Beware The Batman is the CGI show. Caught an episode or 2 on tv so went out and bought the dvds. Is aimed at an older audience. Probably why it got canned. Was actually good we thought.

And if you want dark Batman stuff, might I suggest The Dark Knight Returns cartoon movie. They separated it into 2 parts but you can track down a release that put it back together. You'll notice alot of references of this Frank Miller story in the upcoming movie. Kinda why I am excited for the live action movie because this comic story is just brutally awesome. And Year One is also another Frank Miller story, great cartoon and worth watching too.

I watched that a while ago, I enjoyed seeing how the villians had aged. Batman killing the Joker was unexpected, but then so was Batman VS Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    I watched that a while ago, I enjoyed seeing how the villians had aged. Batman killing the Joker was unexpected, but then so was Batman VS Superman.
    Very dystopian future. Frank Miller knows how to do great stuff. Technically he didn't kill him, Joker did when he moved his head lol

Gee, you've taken me by surprise. I always thought DC Comics policy was to keep the Joker's background constantly unknown.