Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 114124129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Well, MAFS is over for another year.
    If anyone else has any recommendations for car crash trash TV, drop me a line.

I taped an episode of The Goldbergs the other day and watched it today, and it was a new episode for us here (I looked it up and it was the first episode of the 9th season - I didn't realise it had been around that long already... if they complete another season, they would have lasted longer than the decade that they are celebrating).

Anyway, it was a sad episode, as it was the first one filmed without the grandfather (George Segal died a year ago from complications from surgery, which I didn't know or didn't remember, so it was very sad for me to watch as well, as I really liked him in Goldbergs in the last decade and Just Shoot Me from the previous decade).

I think this will probably be the last season of Goldbergs anyway, because while I was reading up about George Segal, I read that the actor who plays the father in the show was let go mid-season due to personality clashes with most of the cast and crew, and since this show is based on Adam's life, they won't kill off the character or send him away, and it will be very difficult to have a show that centres on every member of a family then not include one member who is supposed to be living there.

It is probably best to end it now anyway, as it has covered just about everything significantly 80s already... and dragging out the show into a regular drama/sitcom no longer makes it special to the theme of the 80s (the whole point of the show in the first place).

I watched the most recent episodes for Picard season 2, and Halo. Currently watching these series, latest episodes seem to pick things up a bit. Last week's episodes were both not quite there, I found them boring, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood. The Wheel of Time series, I could not get into, always found myself fast forwarding through scenes. I have been binge watching Star Trek series, and Stargate series, all through my laptop with Amazon Prime video.

Still struggling along with Picard S2. Started out ok, but its kinda faltering a bit IMO.
    Halo started out promising, but damn its slow going. Think I was expecting more action and less drama. Visually nice tho.

Also watching Moon Knight. Not going to recommend this to anyone.

Is anyone going to watch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds? Think I might give it a try.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Picard season 2 finale, was good to finish. Finally some things wrapped up so we can move on, actually disappointing they didn't arrive to the ending sooner, but I guess time was needed for the individual characters and relationships. I think I enjoyed season 1 a lot more. I watched Strange New Worlds, the first episode reminds me of the older Star Trek series and for me this is a good thing. I tried watching Discovery, just couldn't like it, an I compare this with Stargate Universe which also didn't hold my attention.

Halo episode 7, not liking the subplot. It will likely play a role in the bigger story, but I still don't care lol.

Stranger things 4. It broke netflix lol.

Some very nice emotional moments like the kate bush song moment, dealing with the loss of someone. It explains a lot with what has been happening over the seasons. Some situations are far fetched like the Russian prison escape.

What will happen in the next and final season?

Over all a good season. I like this show

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Still struggling along with Picard S2. Started out ok, but its kinda faltering a bit IMO.
    Halo started out promising, but damn its slow going. Think I was expecting more action and less drama. Visually nice tho.

Also watching Moon Knight. Not going to recommend this to anyone.

Is anyone going to watch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds? Think I might give it a try.
    No moon knight? at least I cant watch it any way

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Moon Knight was sick! I have no problem recommending it, it's bat shit crazy as it should be given the characters DID condition. Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke were in top form.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Xman, I rather enjoyed MoonKnight. Thought it was all right.
    Some bits seems kinda silly, but the kinda stupid bits were not enough to stop it being an enjoyable series. Would watch again.

Really enjoyed The Terminal List (Amazon).
    Nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary. Just a good, solid, entertaining show with a nice balance of action, drama, and emotion.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.