Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 115125130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

I'm so glad the tv show "Hunted" is over...
    I only watched parts of some episodes, but it was a bit disturbing how easily someone could be tracked (if the show was real). It felt like some of it would have had to be faked just for entertainment (being able to access phones and CCTV cameras without a warrant... and broadcasting the footage publicly).

One of the reasons why I think it was fake (or at least some of it), is that the Hunters in HQ wore the same clothes for 21 days. It suggests that those scenes were filmed all at once, to a script (or based on what was actually being done, but that couldn't legally be publicly shown).

Started watching the Witcher Season 2, but eeeeh, it's not quite gripping me. The first season was a little hard to follow with the jumping around chronologically, but I managed to make my way through, but so far this second season.... I dunno, it's just not doing it for me.

The boys season 3 though, DANG. Only watched the first two episodes so far, but I like it. Very enjoyable and creepy.

Same, season 2 of Witcher I couldnt get into so took me a while to watch it all.

Hating missing out on the Boys, enjoyed S1-2

Damn Channel ten is really pushing their new show "Brain Esteddford" - they must have paid Shaun Mccallif a lot of money (it is kinda weird having a 2-3 minute overlap with his ABC program, as they are both new programs, meaning that he must be currently working for both networks at the same time).
    They keep repeating it 4-5 times in the week... the first week they replaced a first-run program the following night, in addition to the later repeats over the next few days.
    And I don't quite get who the show is aimed at, because it is a quiz show with year 11 students, but I can't image that there would be too many high school aged students out there wanting to sit through an hour of school-level questions. Kids younger won't get the questions, and adults older may find the questions too much like a school exam and bring back the bad memories of being at school.
    Since it is being repeated so many times during the week, I end up sitting through segments of it, and I like a lot of the questions subjects... except the language ones, as they don't really give us (the audience) something learn-able, as most questions are about translating words that aren't even in our daily lives.

Then there is the slap-stick humour, that kinda wastes Shaun's talent, as he seems to be playing to the contestants more than the audience, so much of what he does is eye-rolling, rather than amusingly funny.

Between this and the constant commercials of their latest reality show in EVERY commercial break (I am not kidding or exaggerating here - in the last two weeks I have been able to channel surf between the four Network 10 channels during a commercial break and sometimes each one will start a commercial break within seconds of each other with the same "Masked Singer" advertisement). It is so bad that they don't even advertise any of their recent first-run movies... it's no wonder Network 10 has been a financial mess and is never competitive in the ratings, as they put all their advertising space into one or two of their in-house programs, and completely ignore all of their imported programming which then fails to attract viewers. A few weeks ago they had premiere screenings of the latest Rambo movie and "Fallen" movie (Angel is Fallen), and I had no idea they were on until after they had started... and yet Nine and Seven are advertising their first-run movies up to a week in advance... and even their re-runs get a good amount of advertising, like Seven plugging Harry Potter movies every week.

(that was really annoying - those two previous posts of mine had no links or any formatting... it was all plain text, and yet, I couldn't post it all into one post without getting the 403 forbidden screen)

Have seen the trailer for The Rings Of Power and looking at the kid with the wraith sword, I'm willing to wager that's Khamul the Easterling.

This was unexpected, so I missed the first two episodes - the new Star Trek Prodigy animated show is screening weekdays on channel 12 (Bold) at around 5pm. There are only 10 episodes so far released on Paramount+ so it is likely to only last until the end of next week.

And I noticed last week, that the ABC channel 22 is playing the British version of Ghosts, while Channel 10 is playing the US version (it is like The Office and some other TV shows, in that an American TV studio preferred to copy a British show, instead of just playing the British show). After watching several episodes of the US version, it was interesting to then find and watch the British version, and see how it was interpreted, and what was modified from the British version to make it more American.

I've been watching Rings of Power and I must say that I'm really enjoying it.

The scene where we first see the Island Kingdom of Númenor sent happy chills down my spine, and I really love the theme music for Númenor. When comparing it with the score for The Argonath in The Fellowship of the Ring, I can hear the first few chords being repeated in theme of Númenor, particularly when we hear the choir singing in Quenya Elvish:
    Et Eärello (Out of the Great Sea)
    Endorenna utúlien (to Middle-Earth I am come)
    Sinome maruvan (in this place I will abide)
    ar Hildinyar (and my heirs)
    The theme of Númenor has no words, but sounds like a more uplifting and epic version of the theme of The Argonath, which thematically makes sense as we are seeing Númenor in its prime, whereas the Argonath are the long abandoned and ruined remains of what used to be the symbol of the power of Númenor. The two giant statues of Isildur and his brother Anárion (who is mentioned in Rings of Power but has yet to be seen). As such, the theme of The Argonath has a more melancholy tone, shifting to one of dread as the choir sings, "tenn' Ambar-metta" (unto the ending of the world), and this is indeed the main more forboding theme for The Lord of the Rings itself (and is heard in other scenes such as the beginning of the Prologue etc.).

"Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old, my kin." - Aragorn (The Fellowship of the Ring)

But I think it's cool to hear a very different tone used in Rings of Power, particularly for the theme of Númenor. This is the Second Age of Middle Earth; three millennia before the Third Age which is when the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings happens. It is supposed to be a new golden age after the defeat of Morgoth and Sauron, but of course, there is a looming darkness as we know that Sauron will return, disguised as the Elf Annatar where he gift the rulers of Middle Earth with the Rings of Power (while secretly forging the One Ring).

Who is Meteor-Man?

He's clearly a Maiar, but beyond that there's not enough to conclude who he really is. I initially thought that he was Gandalf, but now I'm more incline to think that he might be one of the more sinister Maiar; possibly Saruman? Some people have speculated that he may even be a Balrog, but there are no records of Balrogs ever existing in the Second Age... and Balrogs are creatures that are too significant that their existence would not be recorded. But perhaps with some clever writing, he could be a Balrog and perhaps some event would happen where, for some reason, his existence isn't recorded for future generations to know of (it may frustrate some Tolkien purists though). I think it's too early for him to be Durin's Bane, the Balrog who battles Gandalf in Moria.

Some clues that he may be a malevolent Maiar include:
    * His flames do not burn. Suggesting that he has some inherent evil that even makes fire cool; reminiscent to how the One Ring was resistant to heat, such as when Gandalf threw it into Bilbo's fireplace to reveal the text, but then placed it in Frodo's hand revealing that it was still cool to touch.
    * The fireflies dying. Gandalf interacts with animals such as moths, but never kills them.
    * Meteor-Man being quick to anger, and the way that his surroundings became dark is similar to how Gandalf looked when he showed a sliver of darkness to Frodo, warning him to keep the One Ring away from him.

Started watching She-Hulk, as I am a bit of a fan of all things Hulky. Up to about episode 3.
    It's nice to see RuffaHulk in there, but I am not too sure what the show wants to be overall. It seems to have moments of 4th wall breakiness and the occasional moment of self awareness. Is it a comedy? There are comedic aspects, but I feel like the writing isn't quite good enough to pull it off properly. It's kind of interesting watching the cameo characters in the law section, Wong needs to have his own show I think, his bit I found very amusing and character appropriate.

It's all right, and I'll keep watching to see how it goes, but I just wish these Marvel shows had a bit more to grip you at the start. They seem to rely a lot on people pushing through because its "part of the Marvel cinematic universe" instead of actually having a good story and characters to make you want to watch it because it's interesting.

I felt similar about when I watched Ms. Marvel.

FOr anyone keeping up, I've given up on the third season of Discovery. I just don't care for many of the characters and I'd rather watch something more enjoyable.

So I started Obi Wan. Up to ep 2 and I like it, nice simple plot point and not excessively convoluted and overwhelming with Star Wars terms and bla bla. Simple, enjoyable scifi fun.