Page 128 of 136 FirstFirst ... 108118123124125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Loki was brilliant. What If is pretty good so far too, Dr Strange episode was by far the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Loving Loki so much I might get it on DVD (last series I got on DVD was Da Vinci's Demons). Credit to Wandavision but Loki's where it's at.
    Does Disney release them on dvd?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Loki was brilliant. What If is pretty good so far too, Dr Strange episode was by far the best though.
    I've not been feeling the What if yet. I'm up to episode 4 for now and the only one I would say is good was the third one.
    Dr Strange was definlitely a good use of the what if idea though and so I would put that as a number two. But eps one and two were not very enticing at all for me. I guess a lot of the appeal depends on the characters involved. I find Black Panther kind of plain to be honest and while I do like GOTG, that episode really wasn't very interesting for me.

Will keep watching, but if there are too many flat episodes, I'll probably not bother for much longer.

No spoilers, but if you're not feeling it jump to episode 8 rather than giving up. Robots!

Four years after it first started, the subscription-exclusive Star Trek Discovery has started screening on channel 10 here... which is nice to see some new ST tv after so many years since Enterprise ended. I guess the new owners of channel 10 being CBS/Paramount makes it easier to syphon off CBS's exclusive subscription programs.
    The first three episodes they have shown so far have been quite interesting and I am hooked to see how it goes... but the three seasons (so far) have been short (only about half as many as most regular TV shows in a season), and I fear that they won't catch up too much to make sure people keep paying their Paramount+ subscription.

It made me wonder why we've never seen Game of Thrones on any of the free-to-air networks yet... it's been 10 years now since it started on HBO's subscription/cable channel, and then on Foxtel here. As someone who doesn't like the idea of paying for TV channels or programs*, I've never seen a single episode of GOT, and I think it is really bizarre that one of the most popular TV shows in the last decade has not been on any free station here in the last ten years. Surely one or more of them have wanted the rights to show it over the years, but have been prevented from showing it. (Foxtel may indeed pay for exclusive rights to programs, but it's only for a short period of time, and programs/movies show up on free channels some time later to whoever pays the most for it)
    Breaking Bad was another popular TV show in the last decade that none of the free stations have managed to buy the rights to as well.

With Disney investing so much into their newest properties of Star Wars and Marvel, and the setting up of their own subscription channel, I don't expect their newer programs showing up on free channels for a long time... and some of the new SW and Marvel programs look interesting.

*as an Amazon Prime member, I think I might have access to their programming, but have never had a look because I have limited internet access and a small monthly limit.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    but the three seasons (so far) have been short (only about half as many as most regular TV shows in a season)
    Not that short by modern/streaming TV seasons, short compared to older US free-to-air season model though.

I'm hoping that Discovery Season 4 airs on Netflix here like the first three seasons did, as I'm not interested in a Paramount+ subscription.

The first three episodes they have shown so far have been quite interesting and I am hooked to see how it goes... but the three seasons (so far) have been short (only about half as many as most regular TV shows in a season), and I fear that they won't catch up too much to make sure people keep paying their Paramount+ subscription.
    As Paulbot said - 13 episodes seems to be what current non-syndication shows are doing. Note that Discovery was written for CBS All Access rather than network TV so would have been written for a different set of needs. I think shorter seasons is also part of the bargain of attracting higher name talent, so that they are not locked in for the whole year and can do other work.

It made me wonder why we've never seen Game of Thrones on any of the free-to-air networks yet... it's been 10 years now since it started on HBO's subscription/cable channel, and then on Foxtel here. As someone who doesn't like the idea of paying for TV channels or programs*, I've never seen a single episode of GOT, and I think it is really bizarre that one of the most popular TV shows in the last decade has not been on any free station here in the last ten years. Surely one or more of them have wanted the rights to show it over the years, but have been prevented from showing it. (Foxtel may indeed pay for exclusive rights to programs, but it's only for a short period of time, and programs/movies show up on free channels some time later to whoever pays the most for it)
    With Disney investing so much into their newest properties of Star Wars and Marvel, and the setting up of their own subscription channel, I don't expect their newer programs showing up on free channels for a long time... and some of the new SW and Marvel programs look interesting.
    I think it was actually part of Foxtel's HBO agreement that they got exclusive rights to the catalogue (particularly as they ramped up their streaming services) which will limit any of the current shows going to Free to Air. Channel 9 was lucky in the late 90's / 2000's to have the Warner Bros / HBO deal which gave Australian Free-to-Air a lot of shows that were non-network in the US - Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Band of Brothers were all HBO series. Streaming seems to be the big ticket right now, so I don't expect too many of the first run shows / shows made for Disney+, Amazon, Netflix to make their way to free to air. I also imagine that there would also be limited audience for them to justify the expense to the network of acquiring them.

Breaking Bad was another popular TV show in the last decade that none of the free stations have managed to buy the rights to as well.
    Oddly enough I remember watching Season 1 and 2 in the middle of the day on ABC. ABC & SBS have done a decent job of getting some of the small market quality programs onto either their networks or their iView/OnDemand

Binging 3rd Rock From the Sun again. Still just as funny as always.

On another note, Mel Brooks is doing History of the World Part 2 into a TV show, which I think should be brilliant if they let him do it as he wants

*as an Amazon Prime member, I think I might have access to their programming, but have never had a look because I have limited internet access and a small monthly limit.
    Yes you would and a few note worthy shows you might be into on Prime:

The Expanse
    The Boys
    Star Trek Picard
    The Tick
    South Park
    Skippy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Yes you would and a few note worthy shows you might be into on Prime:

The Expanse
    The Boys
    Star Trek Picard
    The Tick
    South Park
    Skippy
    I need to watch Star Trek Lower Decks on Amazon before CBS moves it to Paramount Plus.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.