Page 120 of 136 FirstFirst ... 100110115116117118119120121122123124125130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Game of Thrones S8E1

With the exception of one scene of dialogue, stock standard establishing affair. Pretty meh, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Game of Thrones S8E1

With the exception of one scene of dialogue, stock standard establishing affair. Pretty meh, really.
    The first episode is always pretty stock, they are traditionally used it to set the scene.

Having said that, I can’t help feel like it’s rushed. There may only be 6 episodes left with a lot to get through, but they don’t have to be exactly an hour. I don’t want more things to be covered, I just would have preferred that the interactions in the scenes were a bit more in depth as opposed to the 2 to 3 lines before moving on. There were some big reunions in there and it Feels like they are just ticking boxes which sort of cheapens the seasons of build up. Ever since the series over took the books, the dialogue and script has suffered.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

I'm of the opposite opinion as far as it feeling rushed is. I felt the opening scene for example was far too padded & went on for too long. As for the other dialogues, some I felt were unnecessary and some felt like ooh, we need something else interesting happening over here too.
    I was like, come on, we get it, cut the fat & move along.

Like this ep1 of GOT s8. Even though it is just mere scene setting that's taking place.

So to quote Gandalf from ROTK: "It's the deep breath before the plunge."

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Ultraman on Netflix.

Not too shabby
    Yeah, i find it pretty enjoyable. The animation is fine too since i could easily tell the different characters apart (unlike Knights of Sidonia, which had an alright story but animated everyone to look the same).

Also watching Gundam UC on Netflix. It's OK, but very complicated storyline, IMO.

I'm looking forward to the new Netflix TF series, and hope the animation is like Ultraman's.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Cant watch GoT Missing out so hurts

Netflix marvel. I can see why they wanted shorten seasons. Overall good but some were drawn out to fill the number of episodes per season. Iron Fist was the weakest one but great at the end with its advancements in story. I find the multiple series were too drama instead of comic book at times.

DC titans took a while to warm up. Hope there is a second season as it didnt resolve. Some continuity issues such as the car, outside fine, inside rain, outside fine again, placement of arms at different camera angles etc.. Black lightening i only just started but its a bit more miss than hit atm. I find dc cgi to be very woeful compared to marvel. The costumes in dc can be cosplay quality at times. Couldnt find doom patrol though i saw it in the list beforehand.

Bright was a b grade sifi slog. Interesting world building but story could have been better told. Good costumes.

Shinara chronicles. Watched coz had aussie actor. C grade? Fantasy show. Its ok fodder if nothing else is on.

Arrow has 6 seasons with 23 eps per season. Do i dare start the slog?

Star Trek Discovery was great. Good cgi, lil lost on the science but good thrill ride. Liked the characters and their evolutions but the gay doctor seemed shoe horned in at the end. Would recommend it if you are a trekky or like space shows.

After life by ricky gervias. Great show of loss and finding life again. Its a bit of a black/dark comedy.
    Last edited by Autocon; 24th April 2019 at 02:31 AM.

ST Discovery season 2 was bloody great. I didn't like the first season at all, and would probably score it a 4/10 but the second hits all the right notes at 9/10. Hell I would even rate the last two episodes better than the recent blockbuster movies.

Umbrella Academy. Good show. Liked how the ending wasnt quite as i was expecting.

Lego show is on now on channel nine.