Thread: 99's PowerMaster Prime

Default 99's PowerMaster Prime

Hi guys,

This has been a long standing project. Finally, got to finish it and take some pics.

Its made from an MP Prime mold, as you can see from the legs but the body fits it nicely from the PM Prime.

I have articulated the neck, and the arms are attached with articulation to the upper body.

I was also able to retain the vehicle mode using the original trailer.

Wow! That guy is looking pretty awesome.

It looks detailed and very retro, evoking the original toy but enhanced with modern articulation and the MP legs work remarkably well.

Wow! Killer robot mode.

Are you going to paint the neck? It seems to draw attention away from the head.

Um... Holy S**t dude that looks insane! Truly some of your best work to date so seem to out do yourself with every custom
    Keep it up

NICE one dude!!
    great proportions and a lot of detail.
    i especially like how the large powermaster head is set correctly rather than some other version which has theirs too far forward.

i'm quite tempted to make you an offer on it... hehehe.

btw, do you have any plans for giving the smaller prime cab some articulated treatment?
    its not a big deal as i suppose hes gonna be in his steroid pumped power suit most of the time anyways but it would look better if he was articulated.

Kup... hey thanks. I went and stayed with the g1 head as it seemed a good size and true to G1 instead of using MP Prime's head I have seen on various customs around.

Glad it fits the original toy.

Heroic, I actually added a neck piece that sits at the front and painted it silver... Do you think this will be better in blue?

Rampagess, thank you. I hope to get better and better. I had alot to improve on. Trial and error makes perfect.

Bruticus, glad you like it. It did take some time to figure out and I had hoped it turned out well. Thanks for the very generous comments. I still have a lot to improve before I do commission or sell my work.

Regarding the smaller prime, I had thought about it.. but the boxiness of the orignal figure does make it quite challenging. I was tempted to stick a G1 prime in the body, and it fit surprisingly as that would be better for articulation. I will probably come back to this and add more articulation as you guys know, I like to jump between projects and come back to things.

I am satisfied with where I got this to and will probably move on to finishing some older projects.

Remember the Dinoking, Bruticus, Raiden and Piranacon customs.... I am going back on the drawing board on those and taking it apart and redoing it.. now that I know I can do it better... those will likely be projects I hope to finish but I am going to be moving onto a secret project I have not seen anyone do ... More on that once I can find the base figure I want.

BTW, I will have a special custom that will end up on eBay very soon.... Hope you guys will like that. More on that when it is announced.