Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here collect old cartoons??

sorry to go off-topic but I'm getting nostalgic looking at all of those series. Does anyone remember a cartoon called Bionic Six? I've been looking everywhere for it and can barely find any place that acknowledges its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    sorry to go off-topic but I'm getting nostalgic looking at all of those series. Does anyone remember a cartoon called Bionic Six? I've been looking everywhere for it and can barely find any place that acknowledges its existence.
    I vaguely remember it, but my memory is terrible. Anyway I found this on Wikipedia but no mention if it was released on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    Does anyone remember a cartoon called Bionic Six? I've been looking everywhere for it and can barely find any place that acknowledges its existence.
    Yeah, I remember it. Found this: http://www.dvdavenue.tv/movie/cartoon/bionic_six.html
    So it is out there. Though I have no idea of the DVDs legitimacy.

For a moment there with the topic old cartoons, I thought you meant real old stuff Like Gertie the Dinosaur, the Fleischer brothers cartoons, and the early works of Disney and Warner Brothers.

But it seems the topic is more 80's centric

I don't really collect much 80's cartoons in their entirety. I have a whole bunch of volumes of various stuff and there are one or two I wouldn't mind getting, but for the most part I'd prefer if you could just get best off DVD's. Although I like watching old eps of stuff for nostalgia, I quickly get bored after a few eps (and that includes G1).

Someone should make an 80's cartoon sampler with one episode each of a whole bunch of 80's cartoons, rather than complete series that I may buy but will never watch completely again.

Hmm- Ive got G1 Transformers of course, Headmasters, Masterforce, Robotech- the Macross Saga, SDF Macross- with the japanese language and story line, Macross Plus (Have a lot more Macross but its all fan subs), A couple of Beast Wars eps and thats about it .

Id love to see:

Voltron- Lion force and vehicle force (think i got that right)
    Genesis climber Mospoeda
    Superdimensional Cavalry Southern Cross
    Thundercats
    He-man (original Series)

And theres probably a stack (japanese stuff with english dubs) more that i cant think of right now.

I have been watching Mysterious Cities of gold on Austar when i remember- its ok, but not what i remember.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness