Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best way of transporting Lego?

Default best way of transporting Lego?

i recently brought my lego to sell and found that some pieces may escape their boxes. how can i stop this from happening and selling people incomplete sets because pieces have fallen out into the bag?

well you could tape the boxes in the inside to seal out any holes then once youve checked that the pieces are complete for the figures put it in ziplock bags in the box that way they dont fall out.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

The sealable lunch bags seem to be the packaging of choice for lego sellers. I think the majority of lego collectors dont really care about the box.

and for the bigger boxes? i dont want to dammge the boxes coz they look more prestine and therfore sellable

Well if its a box for one of the great classics, such as say: 6285 Black Seas Barracuda then its probably worth keeping.

You can still do the sealable plastic bag option, you just seal up all the parts and chuck the bags inside the box. It's easier to check if all the bags are still inside the box than scouring the bottom of your bag for little parts.

Sellability factors (to me anyway) are ranked as such:
    Completeness>Condition of Parts>Shipping Cost>Instructions>Box

yeah i use sandwich bags and i have kept all my lego boxes of all my stuff.

eg Silver Arrow, F1 Williams car, Ferrari F1, Enzo etc..

Sand wich bags for pats, there are bigger ziplock bags available for bigger parts, put them by set in their designated box and then coverthe bag with those "pop" plastic all around and tape it seled, taht way their all in and the balloon pop plastic ( available in all newsagent helps keep the box safe and sealed.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

In addition to placing the pieces in sandwich bags, you can also then bag the whole box with a larger bag and tape the openings.

Then add in some cushioning material about the bagged box (such as foam) and place this in a bigger cardboard box.

With the bigger boxes, some material inside to help the box keep it's shape works wonders.

And if you don't trust yourself to not lose the (labelled) ziplock bag, you can try masking or scotch tape to reseal the box, neither tape should tear it when opening in the future.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I say sealable ziplock lunch bags too. They were what I used for my Legos and TFs when I moved house.